PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO - Needs Klasse SG

Mirror
12-04-2011, 03:04 AM
Hi Guys,

I was digging out all my old detailing products, and it was time to start experimenting on my wifes SUV. My wife mistreats her paintwork badly.

Detailers look away and shield your eyes for the next sentence..........."She wash`s her suv with truck wash."

O.K. You can look again now. So obviously she strips absoloutely everything off her paint. But she cannot be told.

She once took the bugs off my HSV Senator with a Scouring pad. I happended to walk past the car and see this horrible swirl on it. Then another and another.

Anyway, that was ten years ago and we laugh about it now.

So her white paint has oxidised. Its four years old. We have good weather all year around, mostly hot.

So I thought I would try Klasse AIO. To see if it would remove the mild oxidation. It got most of it off. My wife thought it was a mirracle product.

However under my watchful eyes, I wasn`t quite happy with it. So I thought about it for awhile. I wasn`t going to seal it all in.

So a few weeks turned into about 6 weeks. I went back to look at her SUV, and it looked right back where it was before I did the Klasse AIO.

No real suprise there. As it cleaned it but there was no protection laid down.

So I just did the Hood now. But I used a stronger 3M abrassive product to completely remove the Oxidization. That worked a treat.

Then I used Klasse AIO. Then I did a QD with Z8. Then I Sealed it with Klasse SG. Then another QD with Z8.

Now it looks brand new. But I have only done the Hood so far. I am going to wait 6 weeks, to see how that handles her punishment.

There is not much point topping it with a wax for her. But a Z8 after each wash should help.

I`m just practising up as the kids are about to buy knew cars and I want to detail them for them from new.

Regards MJ.

mongo
12-19-2011, 03:05 PM
you need to buy some Carlack 68 products they make metallic pop great product.

tom p.
12-19-2011, 03:49 PM
KAIO is a very good product, seems to be an excellent foundation for many modern sealants. However, it does NOT work well as a stand-alone.