PDA

View Full Version : Ideal pad size for LSP application?

imported_RedlineIRL
12-03-2011, 11:29 PM
When applying LSP products via PC7424, what size pads are the best route to go with between a 6.5" and 5.5"? I have noticed with certain pads, such as the LC CCS pads, the 6.5" pads seem to be a little thicker than the 5.5"s. When using softer pads for LSP application such as a red or blue, will a larger, thicker pad not distribue an even LSP layer as well a slightly smaller diameter and profile pad?

C. Charles Hahn
12-03-2011, 11:49 PM
The biggest issue with a larger thicker pad is that it soaks up more product. I like to use a lower profile 5.5" pad for that purpose.

Nth Degree
12-04-2011, 12:04 AM
And I prefer a larger pad. I use BFWD as my go to LSP and use a 6.5" red LC. It does soak up a bit, but I`m not sure it is much more than a 5.5" would. I have a dedicated pad, since it is nearly impossible to get all the BFWD out of it. I rinse it out as good as possible (with some IPA works great) and keep it in a zip-lock bag so it doesn`t dry out. The larger pad also helps reach some areas like front bumpers and under side mirrors a little better.

Just goes to show that a lot of choices about products is very much a preference.