PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn Window Streaks..

Charlesss
12-02-2011, 07:07 PM
I have streaks on my car from the previous owner, specifically 3 of the windows. I have tried this glass abrasive that comes in a green bottle with no luck. I have also tried vinegar and polish as well. It seems etched in the window itself. When I run my finger nail through the window I can not feel it either. I just know it is on the outside because you can see it when you pour water down the window. Does anyone have any suggestions/products that I can use before taking this to a pro?

Ron Ketcham
12-02-2011, 11:41 PM
If you have an orbital or a rotary, go find a C.R.Lawerance store (look under the glass section of the yellow pages or google) and buy a small tub of their cerium oxide compound, it is made to polish glass.

While a felt polishing pad is recommended, any wool or even some compounding foam pads will do the job, after all, you are not attempting to remove deep scratches.

You may have to work it a bit with an orbital, but it should do the job with a little patience.

Another product that will work, just a bit less agressive is ValuGard`s Cerious, which uses the cerium oxide as it abrasive, it will work as well, just a bit more work. I have used it to remove minor marring from glass, and it is darn good on paint as well.

Scotty at the ShineShop knows the product and is quite familiar with it.

Grumpy