PDA

View Full Version : Using an AIO mixed with pure LSP?

SpoolinNoMore
12-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I`ve been thinking about trying some D151 mixed with Poxy (just a couple drops of each on the pad) or some other LSP for a quick light polish/LSP combo on green or blue pad for a friend`s vehicle. Has anybody else tried this? D151 has more cut than I need and I`m curious if mixing in some drops of Poxy would give it some more gloss or durability. I`d be just doing a single quick free job with the owner, so it`s really just an excuse to sit outside and drink beer while cleaning his vehicle without going too far into a lengthy detail.

mikenap
12-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I`ve been thinking about trying some D151 mixed with Poxy (just a couple drops of each on the pad) or some other LSP for a quick light polish/LSP combo on green or blue pad for a friend`s vehicle. Has anybody else tried this? D151 has more cut than I need and I`m curious if mixing in some drops of Poxy would give it some more gloss or durability. I`d be just doing a single quick free job with the owner, so it`s really just an excuse to sit outside and drink beer while cleaning his vehicle without going too far into a lengthy detail.

I spoke with Dr. G@Optimum once about Poli-Seal and he recommended adding about an ounce of Opti-Seal to my bottle of PS to help increase its durability.

Accumulator
12-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I never tried it, but Richard Griot used to advocate mixing Autoglym`s SRP and EGP to create a more durable AIO.

MichaelM
12-02-2011, 03:16 PM
When I want more protection from an AIO type product I just do the removal/final wipe with something like OCW or OS.

mikenap
12-02-2011, 04:43 PM
When I want more protection from an AIO type product I just do the removal/final wipe with something like OCW or OS.

That`s cheating!

SpoolinNoMore
12-02-2011, 07:09 PM
That`s cheating!

OCW is alright, but OS is definitely cheating! :tongue2:

That`s actually a good idea to use a polymer QD or spray wax when buffing off residue of an AIO to get better protection! It surprisingly never crossed my mind *facepalm*

umi000
12-03-2011, 11:52 PM
OCW is alright, but OS is definitely cheating! :tongue2:

That`s actually a good idea to use a polymer QD or spray wax when buffing off residue of an AIO to get better protection! It surprisingly never crossed my mind *facepalm*

I`ve seen the recommendation on the Optimum forums I believe :)