PDA

View Full Version : leather master: vital vs. protection cream

imported_tuffluck
11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
i bought the LM package on autogeek which only came with cleaner and the protection cream. though i`ve really only been hearing good things about the vital. what`s the difference between the two? i used the two the package came with, but now should i buy the vital and add it? i have a brand new car with brand new leather, so i don`t need to *restore* anything (i don`t think).

tom p.
11-28-2011, 09:36 PM
I`d suggest the Protection Creme on a new car.

judyb
11-29-2011, 03:00 AM
Vital does not protect the leather - it is more of a `feel good factor` for leather and simply makes it feel soft and supple. On new leather protection and cleaning are the most important two elements.

Hope this helps

Judyb

RaskyR1
11-29-2011, 10:04 AM
I was running low on protection cream and recently picked up another bottle from AG...not sure if it`s changed over the last couple years but my old bottle was a bright, solid, milky white liquid and the new bottle is more of an off white, semi clear, cream looking liquid....

Greg Nichols
11-29-2011, 11:41 PM
so does Vital get "into" the leather fibers on protected leather? What does Vital actually do for leather?

Cheers,

GREG

AudiOn19s
11-30-2011, 08:26 AM
My impression when I purchased the leather masters line was that the Protection cream actually has no conditioning properties at all for the leather to keep it soft and supple, just seals it and protects it from dye transfer and what not. Vital was for conditioning and restoring. For that reason I never purchased the protection cream and have just used the cleaners and Vital and have been very pleased with the line.

RaskyR1
11-30-2011, 09:45 AM
so does Vital get "into" the leather fibers on protected leather? What does Vital actually do for leather?

Cheers,

GREG

Greg, I know Marc and Jacob have used the Vital....maybe give one of them a call. ;)

tom p.
11-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Scott is a big fan of Vital, too. I have the product but don`t have much experience with it. I believe it`s more of a rejuvenator.

Greg Nichols
11-30-2011, 10:59 AM
I talked to Marc, until he hung up on me LOL..........I think his battery died.......I hope it was that.

I know it feels like it makes a difference in the leather, I just want to know if it actually makes it into the interior of the protected leather, enhancing the fibers with moisture.

Cheers,

GREG

RaskyR1
11-30-2011, 12:34 PM
I talked to Marc, until he hung up on me LOL..........I think his battery died.......I hope it was that.

I know it feels like it makes a difference in the leather, I just want to know if it actually makes it into the interior of the protected leather, enhancing the fibers with moisture.

Cheers,

GREG

LOL...I always get disconnected when I talk to Marc too! I think maybe he`s doing it on purpose now! :D

I picked up some Vital the other day but haven`t tried it yet. I`m inclined to think it just adds that "feel good" factor to coated leather....maybe Judy can comment on it more.

imported_DetailDan
11-30-2011, 06:09 PM
I encourage anyone who uses a leather conditioner to perform a simple test. Apply some to an impermeable surface, something that cannot absorb the conditioner at all, let it sit for 5 minutes and see what happens.

Greg Nichols
11-30-2011, 08:21 PM
I encourage anyone who uses a leather conditioner to perform a simple test. Apply some to an impermeable surface, something that cannot absorb the conditioner at all, let it sit for 5 minutes and see what happens.

I put some on glass, after 5 min its still there? What is suppose to happen?

GREG

RaskyR1
11-30-2011, 09:53 PM
I put some on glass, after 5 min its still there? What is suppose to happen?

GREG

Then try in on coated leather and see if the same happens...good point really.

5.0GTCS
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
and then what? Its this a good thing? I assume you`d want it to be gone, meaning the leather sucked it up.... So what is the comclusion on new leather seats? Just cleaner and protectant?