PDA

View Full Version : Langka + BMW question

palsor
11-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Hey guys,

I`ve got rock chips all over the front of my car. I planned on fixing them this weekend and ordered some Langka to help me make things look better. I was planning on simply following the instruction (paint the chip, use Langka to flatten, done). However, I went to BMW to get some touch up paint yesterday and got thrown a curve ball. The BMW paint kit includes both paint and clear coat. That left me with some questions:

How does one use Langka in this case? Do I...

a. Just use the paint, Langka, and be done?

b. Try and use very little paint (i.e. don`t create a "blob"), then fill in the rest with clear coat and use the Langka to flatten the clear coat?

c. Something else?

Anyone have any suggestions before I get started?

- Andy

Dan
11-24-2011, 10:26 AM
You`ll need to play around with it a bit. The best part is that Langka makes everything reversible. I`ve had better results NOT using the clear. For some reason the clear doesn`t seem to flatten well with Lankga. You`ll either leave too much blob or you`ll pull off all the clear. The best advice I can give is when it looks good enough, RESIST the urge to make it better, you won`t.

Legacy
11-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Good luck with Langka..Dr. Chip would have been a better choice.
Hey guys,

I`ve got rock chips all over the front of my car. I planned on fixing them this weekend and ordered some Langka to help me make things look better. I was planning on simply following the instruction (paint the chip, use Langka to flatten, done). However, I went to BMW to get some touch up paint yesterday and got thrown a curve ball. The BMW paint kit includes both paint and clear coat. That left me with some questions:

How does one use Langka in this case? Do I...

a. Just use the paint, Langka, and be done?

b. Try and use very little paint (i.e. don`t create a "blob"), then fill in the rest with clear coat and use the Langka to flatten the clear coat?

c. Something else?

Anyone have any suggestions before I get started?

- Andy