PDA

View Full Version : What is your best wheel well/silicone dressing ?

Pages : [1] 2

cobraa
11-21-2011, 09:28 AM
I tried CG Liquid wet shine and Bluegard II and to be quite honest, they are pretty much identical beside the smell.. To one point I emailed CG but they never replied..

So what`s your favorite product? Barebone maybe?

Thanks

togwt
11-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Wheel wells - Adam’s Undercarriage Detailer or Chemical Guys Bare Bones (avoid spraying the brake rotor) wipe down any excess for a matte finish)

Dan
11-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Griots Undercarriage works well for me, though lately I seem to prefer just a good scrubdown. I can`t remember the last time I reached for the Griots. I hate the mess it makes on the driveway.

Bill D
11-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Presently I`m using CarPro PERL but until recently,I actually dressed my wells ( but not the Audi`s) with Pledge with Future Shine (the clear stuff, not the furniture polish). It`s acrylic based, so it`s nicely resistant to water.

I still may use either or.

dschribs
11-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I use regular good `old Armour All.

We`re talking wheel wells here...

I bought (and have used) the Griots. I agree. What a mess...

wascallyrabbit
11-21-2011, 12:39 PM
i use griots. i don`t get a mess...

Accumulator
11-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Griots Undercarriage works well for me, though lately I seem to prefer just a good scrubdown. I can`t remember the last time I reached for the Griots..

+1 Gee, that`s about word-for-word what I was thinking. Heh heh, one more that you and I actually *do* agree on :chuckle: The messiness aspect forces me to carefully spray it on an applicator and put it on with that.

Though I do use some QD/etc. on the wells of the good cars, and I`ve been using up some inherited ArmorAll on the Tahoe.

..We`re talking wheel wells here...

I feel that way about the Crown Vic and the `93 Audi, but I gotta admit that I`m kinda Autopian-nutty about the wells of the A8/S8, and the Tahoe too since those are so visible. Just spent a bundle having the Tahoe`s inner fender panels removed/refinished in, front and the rear ones repainted. That beater-truck is becoming a bit of a not-so-beater project :o

Dan
11-21-2011, 01:48 PM
+1 Gee, that`s about word-for-word what I was thinking. Heh heh, one more that you and I actually *do* agree on :chuckle: The messiness aspect forces me to carefully spray it on an applicator and put it on with that.

I like the spray and walk away aspect of the stuff, so I don`t think I`d be committed enough to use an applicator. The side effect of spraying everywhere is it ends up on the driveway.

Accumulator
11-21-2011, 01:56 PM
I like the spray and walk away aspect of the stuff, so I don`t think I`d be committed enough to use an applicator..

I do most all my wheelwell-sliming that way, and yeah, the whole hassle of doing such stuff with an applicator results in the Crown Vic and `93 Audi not getting such stuff done at all.

AudiOn19s
11-21-2011, 01:57 PM

I do the same

Bill D
11-21-2011, 02:22 PM
These days I don`t think of applying the wheel well dressing without spreading it with a bath sponge on a plastic handle. No more spraying and having drips to clean up for me.

Dan
11-21-2011, 04:36 PM
These days I don`t think of applying the wheel well dressing without spreading it with a bath sponge on a plastic handle. No more spraying and having drips to clean up for me.

The reason I love the Griots stuff is it seems to creep. You can mist it and not worry about getting a uniform layer, it will even out. You don`t need to get it on thick where it drips. What gets me is the mist that floats down onto the driveway below. I can and do sometimes put down cardboard or old t-shirts.

Woody Wax
11-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I was using CG barebones, currently using 3D magic blue via a pump sprayer and is doing the job nicely.

Daniel

Bigpoppa3346
11-21-2011, 09:40 PM
After a thorough scrubbing with Meguiar`s APC at 4:1, I use Hyper Dressing at 3:1. I`ll spray 5ish trigger pulls per wheel well, then take an old cotton towel and spread it with that. No mess as it is water based, and provides a dry, dark finish.

Scottwax
11-21-2011, 10:18 PM

We`re talking wheel wells here...

Same here, wheel wells and tires. Cheap, available everywhere, looks pretty good and water based.