PDA

View Full Version : Who makes these MF towels?

bamorris2
11-20-2011, 02:39 PM
I visited my local detail supply store last week for some APC, and while I was there I perused their selection of MF towels. I grabbed a few waffle weaves that they guy was selling as "glass towels". When I asked him who made them, he said "someone in China." Not very helpful. Anyway, based on my pics, does anyone know what towels these are? The only reason I ask is because they say SUPER TOWEL on the label. I thought that these may be the CG super towels. Does anyone know? This towel, as well as every MF that the shop sells, is a 70/30 mix.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/bamorris2/photobucket-22683-1321817606624.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee194/bamorris2/photobucket-23345-1321817606102.jpg

Ron Ketcham
11-20-2011, 03:19 PM
There are only or was as of last year, 5 plants that produce microfiber fabric.

They are in Korea and China, so any micro fibers one purchases came out of one of these plants.

The unknown, without access to the RN# and a chart that provides what company has a number assigned to it, it will remain an unknown.

Mass marketers, small companies, etc work with the fabric mill`s reps to determine what they want their towels or fabric to be and then the plants produces that product.

Grumpy

Leadfootluke
11-20-2011, 04:31 PM
They look very similar to these.

Large Blue Waffle Weave Microfiber Towel (http://www.stocktowelsnow.com/12-Large-Waffle-Weave-Towels-Blue-WWE440BL.htm)

BigAl3
11-20-2011, 10:57 PM
those look like the ones that stocktowelsnow.com sells...

bamorris2
11-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks guys. I just thought that the SUPER TOWEL label would be easily identifiable. Maybe that`s a generic marketing term.

MusicMan
11-24-2011, 08:57 PM
There are only or was as of last year, 5 plants that produce microfiber fabric.

They are in Korea and China, so any micro fibers one purchases came out of one of these plants.

The unknown, without access to the RN# and a chart that provides what company has a number assigned to it, it will remain an unknown.

Mass marketers, small companies, etc work with the fabric mill`s reps to determine what they want their towels or fabric to be and then the plants produces that product.

Grumpy

I figured something like this was true. How`d you find that out? I now shop with microfibertech.com ...other places just inflate the price so much its hilarious now that ive seen a SOMEWHAT cheaper price for the exact same towel...except it doesn`t have a little tag on it with some company name. an extra $3 for a little tag is pretty funny. I can only imagine what the price is coming directly from one of those 5 plants.

Shinoda
11-24-2011, 09:43 PM
I bought one of those Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth drying towels and it is says Super Towel on the tag as well.

BigAl3
11-24-2011, 10:33 PM
I figured something like this was true. How`d you find that out? I now shop with microfibertech.com ...other places just inflate the price so much its hilarious now that ive seen a SOMEWHAT cheaper price for the exact same towel...except it doesn`t have a little tag on it with some company name. an extra $3 for a little tag is pretty funny. I can only imagine what the price is coming directly from one of those 5 plants.

it`s not only microfiber towels either...

tzotzo
12-20-2011, 09:41 AM
I bought one of those Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth drying towels and it is says Super Towel on the tag as well.

+1

all cg towels have the same "super towel" tag

5.0GTCS
12-20-2011, 10:34 AM
When is someone going to start making these elsewhere and become rich lol