PDA

View Full Version : Making waxing easier with QD

imported_pdsterns
11-19-2011, 06:57 PM
The other day I applied my NXT paste wax to my sponge applicator and added a spritz of QD to the surface (like we do to the pad when using the DA). The result was that the wax spread easier and more evenly and flashed off rapidly. Wax removal was also very easy, anybody else ever tried this?

Accumulator
11-20-2011, 12:53 PM
I`ve done that with FK425/FK1000P when my tin of FK1000P seemed especially hard. Otherwise I generally don`t use any QD for this unless I`m doing the "pseudo-spitshine" thing when applying via machine.

I`ve always wondered if the addition of QD might somehow compromise the durability, even if it does enhance everything else...that`s how it seems to work with the pseudo-spitshining, not that the durability takes *big* hit or anything.

2005GTPinMD
11-20-2011, 02:47 PM
I`ve done that with FK425/FK1000P when my tin of FK1000P seemed especially hard. Otherwise I generally don`t use any QD for this unless I`m doing the "pseudo-spitshine" thing when applying via machine.

I`ve always wondered if the addition of QD might somehow compromise the durability, even if it does enhance everything else...that`s how it seems to work with the pseudo-spitshining, not that the durability takes *big* hit or anything.

When applying FK1000P, I also use FK425. I have not found any compromise on durability.

Accumulator
11-21-2011, 12:52 PM
When applying FK1000P, I also use FK425. I have not found any compromise on durability.

Yeah, I never had any issues when using it with that sorta-hard FK1000P, but I can`t help but wonder about it :think: :nixweiss