PDA

View Full Version : I`ll get flamed for this but...

Pages : [1] 2 3

nonwelder
11-19-2011, 12:00 PM
I used Nu Finish yesterday...lol Before you jump on me, let me tell the story :)

It`s getting cold quickly here in Chicago. I realized I was out of Collinite, which is my usual winter wax. I had my old standby, Meg`s 20, but it`s not the best protection during the winter. I had the day off yesterday and had to get it done before the weather set in and the holidays took over. What should I do? I checked my FLAPS and Duragloss was at least a day away, and nobody else had anything that would work.

So, I did some reading here and saw a post on nu finish where they squared off several products. Nu finish actually held up really well. So, off to Wal Mart to get my nu finish for $7.00. I just needed protection.

Well, I have to say, I am much more impressed than I thought I would be. VERY easy to use. Spread via PC, black pad, on speed 3. Went on very easily and hazed in about 15 minutes. Removal was a breeze. Surprisingly, slickness was great and honestly, the look is actually pretty nice! Very bright, but on a silver car, that`s fine. I am going to hit it today with some UQW and see what it does.

I might actually experiment with a really good polishing in the spring and trying it again, perhaps topped with Meg`s 16. I have to say, for the price, it looks very nice. I know it is not the choice of many or any here, but it was a great solution in this case.

Go ahead...flame away.. :)

Accumulator
11-19-2011, 12:12 PM
OneQuickGT1- You won`t get any flames from me, I`m glad it worked out so well for you.

2005GTPinMD
11-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Good quick thinking on your feet there - I think we should nominate you to do a review of how well it lasts! I am not brand selective when it comes to detailing stuff whatever works best.

Dan
11-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Yep, its pretty well hated everywhere but they have really cleaned up the forumula. The old stuff was terrible and super abrasive. The new stuff is gentle and has crazy durability. I`m not a huge fan of the looks, in my book, it really lacks depth. Perfect stuff for a daily driver though.

EscapeVelocity
11-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Im putting Nu Finish and Rejex half and half on one car, and Collinite 845 on another, and FK1000p on another today and tommorrow.

I heard the new formulation is a little less harsh on the solvents and with little to no abrassives.

David Fermani
11-19-2011, 04:31 PM
No flames here either. It would had been great to put it up against another popular product to see how it fairs. Keep us posting on your findings!

2005GTPinMD
11-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Im putting Nu Finish and Rejex half and half on one car, and Collinite 845 on another, and FK1000p on another today and tommorrow.

I heard the new formulation is a little less harsh on the solvents and with little to no abrassives.

I am looking forward to hearing about the comparison. Nu Finish was rated highly by Consumer Reports for what it is worth.

Fallz
11-19-2011, 06:34 PM
No flames here either. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do and it may turn out to be a good thing. I do a a couple of F series pickup for a company 2 times a year . They always want new finish and come out pretty decent looking on the color they have . The funny thing is that so many people on here knock it down , but I see their trucks almost daily and they are subject to constant car washes and it holds up better than any of the boutique stuff I have tried and their trucks always look sweet . So why don`t I use it more than in their trucks ............ I don`t know I like trying different stuff frequently.

Not a bad decision at all. I live north of you in Milw.Wi. and protection here in winter is of the utmost importance to people with tons and tons of the road salt .

nonwelder
11-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the support. It will be a good test. Even IW was pretty killed at the end of last winter. I use the touchless once a week or so to get the salt off, so it needs to stand up. The look is nice on my silver car. Saw it in the sun today and was impressed, seeing as I didnt polish beforehand.

I think in the spring I`ll really polish, apply NF, and top with M16. I`m optimistic I`ll be pleased. I`ll keep you updated.

imported_RedlineIRL
11-20-2011, 01:07 AM
I`d have never thought of trying it, but I am interested to see how it does for you. Wonder if it will last an entire year like they advertise?:lol:

imported_Erik Mejia
11-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Glad it worked out for you. Does anyone know if the current formulation has any abrasive, or is it a pure lsp.

Dan
11-20-2011, 08:27 AM
I`d have never thought of trying it, but I am interested to see how it does for you. Wonder if it will last an entire year like they advertise?:lol:

Doubtful it will last a year, it starts getting pretty tired past 6 months (Outdoors24x7), but in their defense, they state you need to re-apply after month 1 in the directions for long coverage.

Glad it worked out for you. Does anyone know if the current formulation has any abrasive, or is it a pure lsp.

It appears to have mild diminishing abrasives in it. Much less than AIO`s like ZAIO or FK215 and maybe close to poliseal.

Accumulator
11-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Doubtful it will last a year, it starts getting pretty tired past 6 months (Outdoors24x7), but in their defense, they state you need to re-apply after month 1 in the directions for long coverage...

Nice to hear they aren`t afraid to recommend that. Eh, I do the same thing with FK1000P anyhow, applying a second coat after a month or so.

Junebug
11-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Price and boutique stuff doesn`t mean it`s better, I learned that the hard way. Glad you posted, it proves that point very well.

nonwelder
11-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Might be me, but the look got a bit better overnight. It`s definitely a more sealant look, but not in bad way, especially on silver. Like I said, interested to see how it looks with really good prep.

I`m on an OTC quest lately...lol Frankly, the only things I order anymore are PC pads and ONR. Even bought a VERY nice sheepskin mitt from advance auto recently. Call me crazy...