PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss Aquawax vs UQW / Meguiars synthetic spray wax

Pages : [1] 2

imported_bomcar
11-18-2011, 01:46 AM
After seeing spray wax review Review: Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/32288-review-meguiars-ultimate-quik-wax.html)

for who have ever used both Aquawax and UQW /Meguiars synthetic spray wax, which one do you prefer base on your personally used ?

My Megs spray wax galon just arrieved, and ocw galon is on the way .

I ve got surprised seeing how uqw sheeting like crazy.

AudiOn19s
11-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Honestly I buy whichever one I can get the best deal on a gallon size of when I`m in need of more product. Meguiars has been the winner and what I`ve been using for most of 2011.

My take:

Meguiars and OCW both have better durability than Aquawax. Both are also more finiky to use on humid or hot days. But again I go for whichever is cheapest because I`m mainly using them after every wash for a maintenance booster so if they make it a week I`m completely happy because I`m going to wash and re-apply anyhow.

RobD
11-18-2011, 08:45 AM
IMO...OCW > UQW > AW They all work very well. I like AW, but I think UQW looks a little better. OCW looks richer than the other two and is just as easy to use. I also like FX Spray Wax, though I don`t think it`s quite as durable as the others. I also like Z8, which I put in the same category as OCW (though, I still like OCW a bit better).

Boston Man
11-18-2011, 09:09 AM
IMO...OCW > UQW > AW They all work very well. I like AW, but I think UQW looks a little better. OCW looks richer than the other two and is just as easy to use. I also like FX Spray Wax, though I don`t think it`s quite as durable as the others. I also like Z8, which I put in the same category as OCW (though, I still like OCW a bit better).

FX as in Mother`s? I was thinking of buying some. I like that it can be used as wax-as-you-dry.

Dan
11-18-2011, 10:42 AM

I agree, but its so close its tough to call. And in some cases Z8 looks better than OCW. UQW seems more neutral. I think the only thing not up for dispute is that OCW is the most durable.

imported_bomcar
11-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Honestly I buy whichever one I can get the best deal on a gallon size of when I`m in need of more product. Meguiars has been the winner and what I`ve been using for most of 2011.

My take:

Meguiars and OCW both have better durability than Aquawax. Both are also more finiky to use on humid or hot days. But again I go for whichever is cheapest because I`m mainly using them after every wash for a maintenance booster so if they make it a week I`m completely happy because I`m going to wash and re-apply anyhow.

Thanks Audion , I like your statement that megs more durable than AW . It prevent me to buy another gallon of AW spray wax :D. I have heard good thing about AW, it makes me want to buy everything. Even I know 2 gallons of spray wax is more enough. Since I got into the detailing world, it makes me crazy and makes me want to buy those stuff. such as an addicted.

imported_bomcar
11-18-2011, 11:22 AM

thanks robd for your reply. OCW > UQW > AW , is it mean ocw better than uqw and uqw better than aw ?

if it like that, why do you like AW ? what about OCW and UQW ? do you like AW more than others ?

umi000
11-18-2011, 11:23 AM
FX as in Mother`s? I was thinking of buying some. I like that it can be used as wax-as-you-dry.

The other three can also be used in the same fashion - I`ve used both OCW and UQW on wet panels, and DG Aquawax is named Aquawax for a reason :)

imported_bomcar
11-18-2011, 11:33 AM
The other three can also be used in the same fashion - I`ve used both OCW and UQW on wet panels, and DG Aquawax is named Aquawax for a reason :)

what do you find out uqw vs aquawax ? in term of durability and looks

I have never used aquawax, and heard many persons like aquawax.

I just like the uqw water sheeting.

RobD
11-18-2011, 12:51 PM

Yes, Mother`s. As already said, most of these spray waxes can be used on a slightly wet panel.

RobD
11-18-2011, 12:58 PM
thanks robd for your reply. OCW > UQW > AW , is it mean ocw better than uqw and uqw better than aw ?

if it like that, why do you like AW ? what about OCW and UQW ? do you like AW more than others ?

Yes, I feel OCW is the best of the three in terms of looks and durability. The other two are good as well, but I feel UQW has a slight edge in looks over AW, though both offer similar durability.

EscapeVelocity
11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Im not a fan of the fruit punch smell of the UQW, but like the products other attributes.

They are all good.

I have them all. I also use Eagle One NanoWax Spray, which has a nice vanillaroma smell.

imported_bomcar
11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Yes, I feel OCW is the best of the three in terms of looks and durability. The other two are good as well, but I feel UQW has a slight edge in looks over AW, though both offer similar durability.

Great. thanks Rob ... my 2 gallons of ocw and megs spray wax just arrived. I think I don`t need make an order of AW ..

imported_bomcar
11-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Im not a fan of the fruit punch smell of the UQW, but like the products other attributes.

They are all good.

I have them all. I also use Eagle One NanoWax Spray, which has a nice vanillaroma smell.

which one do you prefer of the 3 ( ocw, AW, and megs spray wax ) ? would you make sequence

AudiOn19s
11-18-2011, 02:42 PM
I think the reason that everyone really likes AW and continues to use it despite the fact that UQW and OCW have better durability and better looks is because it`s completel fool proof. Use it in the sun on a hot day, over whatever is on the surface and you never have to worry about streaking or it being finiky at all.

The other two can be more difficult to use in some weather conditions but that`s soo few and far between that it`s not worth me carrying two very similar products with me when I`m detailing on a mobile basis. If you get in on a sale or special with free shipping you can get the gallon of megs for like $27, that`s pretty tough to beat in my opinion.