PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Clean then Instant Detailer - redundant?

cpa5oh
11-17-2011, 07:20 PM
I`ve been doing ONR washes since I got my black Camaro. For a variety of reasons, when it`s cold I`ve decided to go to the coin operated spray wash place and rinse the car, then use Opti-Clean.

Would following that up with an instant detailer be redundant in terms of gloss and protection would you think? I just did it and it looked damn good after the Opti-Clean, and not much better after Chemical Guys Hybrid V07 (which I`m using because I`ve got Blacklight on the car.) Sometimes though when I`ve been looking at the paint for an hour it`s just that I don`t notice the difference right away. I`m thinking next time I may just use Opti-Clean...and every fourth time I`ll use Optimum Car Wax and that`ll be it. Any thoughts?

It being cold, I had some trouble with the Hybrid V07 not cleaning up real well, which made me wonder what the hell I needed it for.

Dan
11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Opticlean does look very nice on its own, but you could follow up with something else.

Evaporator
06-06-2012, 06:47 PM
If you`re using OCW, my experience is that after getting rained on a few times and washing takes away the gloss a ton.

So, you might as well just follow up with OCW.