PDA

View Full Version : sonax products

pixelmonkey
11-16-2011, 02:48 PM
for those in attendance at sema a few weeks ago, it`s likely you wondered past the SONAX corner.

In speaking with the US rep and german reps present, SONAX is to europe what Meguiars is the the states.

There were a few products that caught my eye while at the show and a few that i`ll be testing with over the next few weeks. The part that made me a bit sad was the display of products from the company that arent currently available or sold in the US.

Other than the "Full Effect" wheel cleaner, has anyone here used SONAX products?

If so, post up the product name, description and photo (if possible) with your review.

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

Mark77
11-17-2011, 02:13 AM
I don`t think Sonax is as well known here as Meguiars is in the USA.. I don`t see it in too many stores.. I have mostly used their spray wax and some car wash, and they are ok, I just don`t find their line of products very innovative or interesting.. I prefer Meguiars and Optimum products..

tonipieleanu
11-17-2011, 03:34 AM
What products are you interested in? They have some very good stuff, but most of them are just mediocre.

pixelmonkey
11-17-2011, 08:55 AM
What products are you interested in?

Interested in the following.

- SONAX Xtreme Active Shampoo 2 in 1

- SONAX Xtreme Cockpit cleaner matt finish *similar to 303?*

- SONAX SX Multi Star *similar to Optimim Power Clean*

- SONAX Smoke-Ex *i believe this is enzyme based, as the description includes pet odors*

- SONAX Plastic care wipes silky matt

- SONAX Special Brush *pet hair removal*

- SONAX Pump Vaporiser *i might like this more than a spray bottle*

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

tonipieleanu
11-17-2011, 09:04 AM
- SONAX Xtreme Active Shampoo 2 in 1 - only used Gloss Shampoo and is very good

- SONAX Xtreme Cockpit cleaner matt finish *similar to 303?* - not used 303, but Sonax CC I like alot, similar to 1Z CP and Sonus Cockpit Detailer; good cleaner and leaves a very natural/matte finish.

- SONAX SX Multi Star *similar to Optimim Power Clean* - I doubt they will bring this to the US, it`s from the car wash/valeting range; not used it though

- SONAX Smoke-Ex *i believe this is enzyme based, as the description includes pet odors* - not used it

- SONAX Plastic care wipes silky matt - only used leather wipes and didn`t like them; they dry out pretty fast after opening the package and I assume these ones will have the same problem. They also left leather shiny. Stick to Sonax CC.

Not used their accessories much, but I assume they are ok. Sonax ultrafine MF are great too.

imported_sal329
11-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Cockpit cleaner, cleaner wax and wheel cleaner are all great products

Dan
11-17-2011, 10:18 AM
I tried the nanowax and it was very easy to use but it didn`t do anything for looks. I feel that the germans strive for protection and ease of use vs looks in general.

Greg Nichols
11-29-2011, 11:44 PM
I`ve been using the glass cleaner, a little goes a long ways!

Cheers,

GREG