PDA

View Full Version : CG`s Extreme Top One Step White carnauba & sealant in one

tssdetailing
11-15-2011, 08:24 PM
I picked up a 16oz of this and I`m curious if i`m applying it wrong? Their site says it goes on thin and smoothly. Well it`s VERY thick and hardly smooth to apply. I put it on a 2001 black A8 using a yellow foam applicator primed with some Optimum QD and honestly felt like I was doing it wrong. In fact, it`s so thick I thought it might have actually be AIO polish that should be DA applied but looking at their site again, that`s not such the case.

extrabolts
11-16-2011, 11:59 AM
I picked up a 16oz of this and I`m curious if i`m applying it wrong? Their site says it goes on thin and smoothly. Well it`s VERY thick and hardly smooth to apply. I put it on a 2001 black A8 using a yellow foam applicator primed with some Optimum QD and honestly felt like I was doing it wrong. In fact, it`s so thick I thought it might have actually be AIO polish that should be DA applied but looking at their site again, that`s not such the case.

I`ve never used that product, but I wouldn`t put any stock in the description on cg website. Everything they sell is the best, easiest to use product they make, yet they have a half dozen items in each category. Don`t get me wrong there are a number of cg products that I really like and regularly use / recommend, I`m just saying you can`t go by their website descriptions to judge whether you are using it properly.

Search over on detailingworld.co.uk - cg products are widely used and reviewed over there, so something should turn up.

tssdetailing
12-15-2011, 02:04 AM
I`ve finally had some time to use and understand this product and all i have to say is WOW you need to try it. i think it applies the best via machine because it is super thick. I used a gray pad and my Flex @ speed 3. For hand application, little yellow circle pads don`t do a good job (never liked them much anyway), the Wolfgang Polish N Wax Applicator or the CCS Euro Foam applicator gives you a better grip on the pad and allows the product to be distributed over the paint evenly and smoothly. The product does bind up a lot in corners/crevices, remember it`s thick, so be weary of those locations. Its 50/50 on rubber/plastic trim. If the trim is particularly dried out-the product will stain it; otherwise it should wipe off easily.

The result is very glossy & deep with incredible beading/water repellency. At highway speed, water was zipping off my truck`s hood-it was comedic to watch! Once cured, it does not have a particularly slick feel to it (compared to BFWD which is as slick as ice).

uzj100
12-15-2011, 02:42 AM
Have you tried the Blitz QD? It`s got a little carnuba in it and is very complimentary to the Top Coat. I find it`s better to apply it to your mf towel and wipe it on the panel that way rather than spraying it directly on to a panel

HTH

tssdetailing
12-16-2011, 12:17 PM
I didn`t gather that the Blitz had any longevity to it so no, I never picked it up.