PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery protection?

tssdetailing
11-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Is there anything out there that can do a better job protecting upholstery (carpets/fabric) from slush and spills than the 3M Scotch Guard?

C. Charles Hahn
11-10-2011, 12:42 AM
I prefer 303 Fabric Guard, personally.

Also anxious to see if/when the interior protection coating from Optimum comes to market.

tssdetailing
11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
is that an aerosol or trigger spray?

C. Charles Hahn
11-10-2011, 05:05 PM
is that an aerosol or trigger spray?

Trigger spray.

Ron Ketcham
11-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Is there anything out there that can do a better job protecting upholstery (carpets/fabric) from slush and spills than the 3M Scotch Guard?

Yes there is.

Unfortunately, it is not available in normal channels to the consumer or detailing community.

The product is the "one" that is made for Chrysler, at one time Saturn and still for Nissan Mexico, plus some other out of US car manufactuers.

It is the ValuGard Fabric Protector, has been tested each year by Chrysler for their Master Shield product line, to insure that it does what they warranty, that it does not created concerns on the fabrics they use each year, etc.

The product is not a "silicone based" product, but a "resin based" component, which is why it provides real protection and performance for over 5 years, once applied correctly, per instructions.

Grumpy

(PS-it also extends the life of cloth convertible tops by years-no kidding)

imported_dfazekas
11-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Yes there is.

Unfortunately, it is not available in normal channels to the consumer or detailing community.

The product is the "one" that is made for Chrysler, at one time Saturn and still for Nissan Mexico, plus some other out of US car manufactuers.

It is the ValuGard Fabric Protector, has been tested each year by Chrysler for their Master Shield product line, to insure that it does what they warranty, that it does not created concerns on the fabrics they use each year, etc.

The product is not a "silicone based" product, but a "resin based" component, which is why it provides real protection and performance for over 5 years, once applied correctly, per instructions.

Grumpy

So there`s no way for us to get it?

C. Charles Hahn
11-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Yes there is.

Grumpy

You damn tease. :smash:

:nana:

Ron Ketcham
11-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Hey!, Hey!

I am retired from the company for over 3 years!

If you want it, call them and talk to them.

Who knows, they may sell some to you or others, I really don`t know.

I am getting ready to take part in events Friday, thank God I still have some things that fit! (not much but the hat)

Grumpy

imported_Erik Mejia
11-11-2011, 02:23 AM
This is something I`d like. Would it be available through a Chrysler dealership? Do you know the part number?

Ron Ketcham
11-11-2011, 11:04 AM
I think it is FMVSS-302, got it out of my copy of all the test data for their products, think it is still the number.

The test data consists of 16 pages. It

`s called Master Shield Fabric Protector, they have to buy it by the case of 12 pints.

Suggest you find a Chrysler or Dodge dealer that has a good parts manager and chat with them about getting one or two bottles.

It is now under their MoPar product line.

Grumpy

rdorman
11-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Solved

Autocraft DELUXE SEE-THRU HEAVY-GAUGE PLASTIC SEAT COVER SETS - JCWhitney (http://www.jcwhitney.com/deluxe-see-thru-heavy-gauge-plastic-seat-cover-sets/p2006858.jcwx)

C. Charles Hahn
11-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I think it is FMVSS-302, got it out of my copy of all the test data for their products, think it is still the number.

The test data consists of 16 pages. It

`s called Master Shield Fabric Protector, they have to buy it by the case of 12 pints.

Suggest you find a Chrysler or Dodge dealer that has a good parts manager and chat with them about getting one or two bottles.

It is now under their MoPar product line.

Grumpy

Around here that`s going to be a tough order.... but maybe it`s worth a shot if the product really is that much better than the normal "commercially available" stuff.

tssdetailing
11-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Solved

Autocraft DELUXE SEE-THRU HEAVY-GAUGE PLASTIC SEAT COVER SETS - JCWhitney (http://www.jcwhitney.com/deluxe-see-thru-heavy-gauge-plastic-seat-cover-sets/p2006858.jcwx)

full of WIN!!!