PDA

View Full Version : How about a game.

Barry Theal
11-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Since we are all Autopian style detailers, I came across this video and thought lets pick it apart. I`m curious to see how many of us can find different things with this video. Im not talking just the technique, but the entire video. Shop, process and such. I`m curious to see all the different answers that come out of this. lol

polishing a red car - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM809hL_SmU&feature=related)

RaskyR1
11-09-2011, 05:22 PM
-Erratic tool movement, way too fast

-Cord dragging on paint

-Smoking...idiot!

-Disregard for edges, no tape

-Actually posting online

Shop looks messy too.

autoaesthetica
11-09-2011, 05:45 PM
I will happily play spectator to this thread..

Ben@3D
11-09-2011, 06:09 PM
I think he is playing, "How to ruin your paint in 30 seconds or less"

mikenap
11-09-2011, 06:25 PM
-Smoking...idiot!

It reminds me of another detailer I recall who used to smoke while detailing cars. Can`t remember the guy`s name, although I think he was pretty famous. Maybe Barry can help out with this one? :heh:

hamza7
11-09-2011, 06:31 PM
To add to Rasky,

-his working area was too big!

-he was not using consistent patterns which would make the paint higher in some places then other and the defect removal varying

Harleyguy
11-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Barry that wasn`t very nice of you posting a video of me without my permission .

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
11-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Slinging the machine around

Arm movement is too fast

Cord is not over the shoulder

No tape

Smoking while polishing

Going over the seam of the hood and the ¼ panel

Barry Theal
11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
It reminds me of another detailer I recall who used to smoke while detailing cars. Can`t remember the guy`s name, although I think he was pretty famous. Maybe Barry can help out with this one? :heh:

I was waiting for that one!!! Amazing how things bite you in the butt. Per say.

David Fermani
11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Gloss, Gloss, Gloss!!!

Brad B
11-09-2011, 09:46 PM
He`s polishing a car nobody here has polished...an Opel!

imported_dfazekas
11-10-2011, 01:41 AM
Aside from the fact that he actually kept the pad flat on the car...everything was bad

Woody Wax
11-10-2011, 03:25 AM
Barry I must say I am a little disappointed,

I really think you should have used one of the following disclaimers prior to the video link

"The following footage contains scenes that some viewers may find disturbing". Viewer discretion advised

or

The following program contained scenes of extreme violence towards a defenseless motor vehicle and should not have been viewed by any self respecting Autopian.

However If you find the video disturbing I do not recommend viewing the up loaders You Tube Chanel.

Today`s viewing advisory was brought to you by, "OMG did I just see that happen"

Cheers Daniel