PDA

View Full Version : DITEC Paint Protection System - Has anyone heard of it?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Batman75
11-09-2011, 04:51 PM
My local Swissvax detailer in Miami has started offering DITEC Paint Protection System to customers who prefer a coating.

Is anyone familiar with this product? I`m skeptical since it doesn`t seem to have much mindshare among the detailing community in the USA.

Dan
11-09-2011, 05:27 PM
It hasn`t gotten any airtime here. In my mind there is OptiCoat and everything else. Opticoat is cheap, easier to use than most of the coatings and has unmatched durability.

David Fermani
11-09-2011, 10:15 PM
DITEC in PBC is a bunch of hacks IMO. Worse then Ziebart. I seriously doubt they are using a true coating either. Probably just a glorifed sealant with a loopholed 6 year warranty. Funny that a SW guy is now using this. :rofl I guess their dealers prefer a warrantied product instead of just a basic wax.

Batman75
11-09-2011, 10:51 PM
DITEC in PBC is a bunch of hacks IMO. Worse then Ziebart. I seriously doubt they are using a true coating either. Probably just a glorifed sealant with a loopholed 6 year warranty. Funny that a SW guy is now using this. :rofl I guess their dealers prefer a warrantied product instead of just a basic wax.

I agree. Also on their website they seem to position it as a combination of filler and coating which is pretty disturbing. The warranty requires an annual top coat.

porta
11-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Ditec is the largest chain of paint sealants in Sweden; mostly sub standard jobs but the sealant is not so bad. But I would not pay the price they are asking for.

Go and get opti coat instead if you want some serious protection.

dmartiniup
11-15-2011, 09:42 PM
The reason you probably haven’t heard much about DITEC is that it has been a European success story for 35+ years and was recently brought to the States, being rolled out in a slow, controlled manner. The DITEC company is headquartered in Delray Beach, so it’s first service center is there—hence the South Florida connection. The paint protection system needs to be professionally applied, so it is offered in a few area specialty centers like Lamborghini of Palm Beach, Rentech, SAT in Ft. Lauderdale, Royal Car Care in Miami, and is now being offered for yachts in Michigan and Florida (Ship Shape Custom Yacht Services) and for powerboats in South Florida (Brand X Hi-Performance Marine).

DITEC is NOT a wax—it is a proprietary system that uses all environmentally safe products to protect the paint, metal, leather, fabric—virtually all surfaces on your car. It works so well that Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines uses it on all their big ships and it has cut their maintenance time and costs significantly. Dirt, bugs, brake dust, etc. just doesn’t stick to the finish. The reason is that the 5-step system cleans the pores of paint, getting rid of all contaminants that dull the color, shine and can ruin the finish of paint. After it is cleaned, the DITEC protection layer is applied and after that, the top coat sealant is applied and that bonds to the bottom coat, creating a strong and long-lasting preservation coat. You may want to have the top-coat re-done after a year or 18 months or more, depending on the use, storage and exposure of the car. Many cars can go for years without any further coating, but the finish is very durable and warrantied. DITEC metal protection products work beautifully on wheels and stainless trim on trucks and trailers. There are leather and fabric products as well and those can be applied as regular cleaning products. Only the paint protection system must be professionally applied.

DITEC is not a restoration product, so it will not improve the look of paint that needs to be polished. But after a surface is properly prepared—or even better, when it is new, DITEC will keep the color shine and finish of the car, boat, motorcycle or plane—whatever vehicle or vessel—in the finest condition, with minimal maintenance. A spray detailer called Glaxon is available for all hard surfaces—even great on mirrors, cabinets, plastics, etc. If you’d like more information, visit *DELETED*

wascallyrabbit
11-16-2011, 10:27 AM
sounds like another coating. there are several good coatings avaiable that general consumers can apply on there own that will last several years without having to be redone in 12-18 months (same as nitro seal). i opti coated my car in may 09 and its still there. car is out side 24/7 and see 400-500 miles weekly and frequent washes. not sure what the cost of your product is but its probably not as cheap as opti coat.

Dan
11-16-2011, 10:58 AM
I`d love to see a long term comparison with Opticoat.

SuperBee364
11-16-2011, 11:39 AM
I`d love to see a long term comparison with Opticoat.

And I`d love to see a post from a company rep that didn`t read like an infomercial. You know.. something with actual substance to it instead of fluff. Cleans the paint pores?? Hmm.. Detailing product or acne medication?

Most of these reps could learn a thing or three from Ron Ketcham. I`ve learned more (real stuff) about Value Guard`s line from Ron than anywhere else, and he`s *retired* for cryin` out loud.

Woody Wax
11-16-2011, 03:03 PM
And I`d love to see a post from a company rep that didn`t read like an infomercial. You know.. something with actual substance to it instead of fluff. Cleans the paint pores?? Hmm.. Detailing product or acne medication?

Most of these reps could learn a thing or three from Ron Ketcham. I`ve learned more (real stuff) about Value Guard`s line from Ron than anywhere else, and he`s *retired* for cryin` out loud.

You have got to love the CUT & Paste function. LOL

The RJS Group
11-16-2011, 10:09 PM
You have got to love the CUT & Paste function. LOL

Detailing An Audi...How About An Audi Make*Over! - Auto and Aircraft Detailing Blog - Car Detailing school (http://www.detailingsuccess.com/auto-and-aircraft-detailing-bl/2011/5/14/detailing-an-audihow-about-an-audi-make-over.html) I am sure the owner of this Audi A4 was happy to have a paint preservation system by Ditec evaluated and installed by Renny Doyle and his team. I have it on my car and the group in Miami is only protecting your investment. Ditec is now being applied in over seventeen countries, on luxury vehicles, yachts, planes and motorcycles.

The above post was by a very satisfied customer

The RJS Group
11-16-2011, 10:40 PM
My local Swissvax detailer in Miami has started offering DITEC Paint Protection System to customers who prefer a coating.

Is anyone familiar with this product? I`m skeptical since it doesn`t seem to have much mindshare among the detailing community in the USA.

Detailing An Audi...How About An Audi Make`Over! - Auto and Aircraft Detailing Blog - Car Detailing school (http://www.detailingsuccess.com/auto-and-aircraft-detailing-bl/2011/5/14/detailing-an-audihow-about-an-audi-make-over.html)

The RJS Group
11-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Looks like the DITEC group is a bunch of hit and run spammers. And that video of the Audi is pathetic too. Makes Renny Doyle less credible then ever before. Anyone reading should be aware that if this product was one bit good, it would get mentioned by regular members.

Knowledge about the product will help you understand the benefits and high customer satisfaction in provides to its users... those who have it love it.

Dan
11-17-2011, 10:15 AM
RJS, when are you going to answer how your product stands up against OptiCoat?

Scottwax
11-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Seems like someone worked the google to find posts about their product so they could spam it here.