PDA

View Full Version : How to Clean Interior Dash - Remove the Sticky Chemicals from Dealership?

Strokes77
11-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Background: New Dodge truck. Dealership "Detailed" it for me upon purchase (Pre-Autopia). I notice something very sticky on Dashboard... I can`t slide my fingers across because it is too sticky. Microfiber towels "stick" to it and won`t wipe across. Has weird streaky look to it at different angles.

Issue: 2 months later it is still sticky, but now obviously dirt has begun sticking to it. I want it cleaned, and to start over with proper (read: autopian) advice/chemicals/techniques.

Research: I tried searching.. found many good advices for cleaning a typical dash. Meguiar`s interior QD... and others... But not sure it will remove the previous product applied by the dealership?

Help needed: Looking for a surefire product that will serve my needs, along with any technique advice needed to properly clean, then afterwords maintain.

A Simple issue for you all, but Thank you in advance for your help...

lostdaytomorrow
11-03-2011, 12:43 PM
I would try an interior quick detailer or an apc cut lightly. What kind of dash is it? Got a pic?

Dr. Woo
11-03-2011, 01:17 PM
I like Detailer`s Pro Total Interior Cleaner. Smells like "artificial banana scent" but it cleans very well.

I`m sure some will recommend Optimum Power Clean, greatly diluted. Unfortunately I have yet to try it. It`s on my to-buy list!

Strokes77
11-18-2011, 11:49 AM
I ordered 128oz of OPC and some spray bottles. I also ordered some 303 protectant. My plan is to dilute the OPC (3:1 or more?), clean the dash, as well as everything else in my interior (including the leather armrest in my dodge truck), and then wipe everything down with 303(Plastic, Rubber, dash, but not the cloth seats, suggestions for those). My plan moving forward is to use these two products to maintain my interior.

I`m not interested in show room, also can`t afford specialized products for every application... however I am interested enough to continue visiting this site and reading lots of info.

Suggestions? Cautions? Approvals?

Phishy4
11-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I`d say definitely try OPC at 3:1 or 5:1 to thoroughly clean whatever is on there, then maintain with megs QID or 1z cockpit premium for regular cleaning and the light protection it leaves.

Sorry if if you`re already ahead of me on this, I`m reading the thread on a mobile phone and sort of glossed over the thread.

5.0GTCS
11-21-2011, 10:22 PM
If the QDs dont work and its real Sticky and now dirty you can try cleaning with simple green in the mildest concentration. Of course depending on the type of dash. SG is amazing and its safe on just about everyrhjng but paper lol. And then reprotect everything.