PDA

View Full Version : Good place to buy Clearkote products?

Pages : [1] 2

Shinoda
11-02-2011, 01:32 PM
I`m interested in buying some Clearkote products, mainly CMW and don`t really want to pay $13 shipping for one bottle. The only places I have found are Clearkote`s website which is charging $30 dollars with shipping and Glimmer Glass Detailing but they seem to be out of stock and didn`t respond to my email. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Scottwax
11-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Excel Detail is out of business and Autogeek doesn`t carry Clearkote products anymore, not sure who else carries their product line.

Maybe get some Quikshine along with Carnauba Moose perhaps? That will at least defray the shipping costs and QS is a great detail spray. Not much can be done about shipping costs, it is getting pretty outrageous. Sent some wax, 4 oz of ONR and metal polish to a friend and it cost me $15 to send it via UPS.

Shinoda
11-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks Scott. I ended up buying a few more things straight from Clearkote. Ended up with CMW, Pink Moose Combo and the Quikshine. I can`t wait to try them out!

Dan
11-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I wish someone would pick up their line as I want to try the CM and QS. DI used to carry it but it seems like they only sell direct now.

wascallyrabbit
11-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I wish someone would pick up their line as I want to try the CM and QS. DI used to carry it but it seems like they only sell direct now.

why not just order direct from them.

Dan
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
why not just order direct from them.

Several places have spoiled me rotten with big discounts and almost free shipping. And I need it like I need another hole in my head, LOL.

dschribs
11-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Quickshine is an awesome QD. I don`t think I have found anything that is more user friendly in all situations (in my opinion).

I love, love, love their lens cleaner. In addition to detailing, I also use it om my computer screen, my sunglasses, my plasma tv, my Galaxy Tablet, my cell phone screen......you get the point...

- Can`t help wondering if the lens cleaner and Quickshine aren`t the same thing though.....Hmmmm

dschribs
11-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Several places have spoiled me rotten with big discounts and almost free shipping. And I need it like I need another hole in my head, LOL.

And to follow up - that`s exactly why I haven`t pulled the trigger on an order from them recently...

autoaesthetica
11-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Its a shame, a lot of products are simply WELL worth the price. De-valuing by chronic discount or simply undercutting shows in a lot of markets that eventually everyone starts to hurt.

Not to mention tells the customer "yea its not really worth anywhere near what its priced at".

...but then everyone is too afraid to simply re-price everything.

Alot of great products and lines have just plain disappeared and been forgotten about with the advent of this undercut to not miss a sale mentality.

Dan
11-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Not sure I agree. AG selling FK brought back life into a company that was ailing badly from a consumer/detailer level. When DI sold Clearkote it didn`t cheapen the line. Baiting customers with discounts and loss leaders works very well.

lostdaytomorrow
11-04-2011, 07:02 PM
I always just order huge amounts when a sale comes around so usually only a few orders a year now because shipping is a killer. I`d just stock up on some other CK products when you order the CMW. They make great stuff.

2clean4u
11-06-2011, 11:05 PM
I noticed that Red Moose Machine Glaze is no longer on Clearkote website

nosbusa1700
11-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I didn`t see the RMG by itself, but I did find the Red Glaze bundled with the Vanilla Moose Wax.

Look for the Pink Moose combo. If you just need the RMG, you might give them a call tomorrow, and ask if they have it as a single purchase.

DM101
11-07-2011, 05:08 AM
RMG was my favorite product from them. Leaves a stunning Lsp ready finish.

dschribs
11-07-2011, 07:47 AM
I always just order huge amounts when a sale comes around so usually only a few orders a year now because shipping is a killer. I`d just stock up on some other CK products when you order the CMW. They make great stuff.

That works for guys that do this for a living - but for someone that only does a few cars a year; that doesn`t work as well.