PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to use mfda and questions on polishes

The Count
11-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Ok so I wanna use mf on it and using a flex, so should that be on speed 3?

And its tough clear so I was thinking of using PowerGloss S34A for the first pass, or would PO83 be better? Then using D300, then going to 85rd. Does that sound good? Or should I eliminate a step from it? What would you think? I figure it will only be a couple passes with each step even though it is hard clear it should work fast what do you guys think?

autoaesthetica
11-01-2011, 04:28 PM
po83 will be rougly the same as D300. Powergloss will certainly cut more, but you may have some marring(that should clean up with D300).

My concern is that the MF system, sorta moreless designed with SMAT in mind, might get a little gunky on you if you are not diligent in cleaning the pads well as you work. I know powergloss can load up some stuff pretty quickly with how hard it cuts.

autoaesthetica
11-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Also, what is the paint type you are working on, what do you already have, and what have you tried thus far?

Solution might be easier than you think :).

The Count
11-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Well I was gonna blow the pad out after every panel or should I blow it out after every section?

I tried an orange LC pad with 105 and it looks good but if you look for swirls in some places you can see them, prolly good enough for the average person but us autopians think different hehe. So hopefully this mfda 3 step can cut it deep enough. What do you think

lostdaytomorrow
11-02-2011, 09:40 AM
If it is the getting the defects out try bumping up the speed for 3 to 4