PDA

View Full Version : Question about washing after paint correction :)

AliGhanizad
10-26-2011, 10:31 PM
So i did a almost full paint correction on my Accord coupe 1-2 weeks ago. The following were the products steps used.

Clay Bar`d

Meguiars 105

Menzerna po85rd

Quick wash again,

Menzerna P115c

Menzerna Powerlock

AutoGlym HD wax

After washing it 2-3 times, here is my question. I usually use the self-serve car washes and this past few times, I have just sprayed it off and air dried it and then with a microfiber.

Do you recommend doing this, to avoid scratches or would this mean that debris is left on the paint, and I rubb that on the car while drying it?

Please help, the self-serve car wash is my only option btw.

Thank You

2005GTPinMD
10-27-2011, 05:43 AM
You are not going to get all of the dirty off by just spraying. I would look into ONR.

stormsearch
10-27-2011, 07:02 AM
You need a wash solution that will remove the polishing oils, especially from 85rd. Chemical guys wash, car pro eraser come to my mind at first but there are many others. Not sure if ONR will remove the oils.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dan
10-27-2011, 07:06 AM
There would be no way I`d rub a drying towel on paint that hasn`t been washed. Either bring a bucket with you or use ONR when you get back home.

lostdaytomorrow
10-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Woah man, don`t do that anymore. Washing is the most important technique to master in detailing because it is done so often and requires touching the paint. Look into onr.

wascallyrabbit
10-27-2011, 09:33 AM
you didn`t mention weather you have access to a hose for washing. there are different methods to wash you car, traditional buckets and hose, rinseless, and waterless. what you have available will help determine your wash method. washing is the one technique you need to master to keep your car swirl free. while drying with a mf consider using a detail spay/wax to help reduce the risk of marring.

AliGhanizad
10-27-2011, 01:10 PM
I actually want to keep the removal of oils to the minimum. Because I think you guys got me wrong. I am done detailing the car, I am asking how to wash the car in order to keep it swirl free, and still not get rid of the wax and stuff not very quickly.

Next time i will try to use the 2 bucket method but again, time is limited in there so will see what happens. I do use a quick detailer when I dry it.

wascallyrabbit
10-27-2011, 01:56 PM
the reason you want to get rid of the oils is that they could be hiding some swirls that weren`t removed when you polished the car. the oils will slowly wash away either by you or mother nature and will reveal any swirls you didn`t get. normally people will use something right after polishing to remove the oils to check they`re work before applying the lsp.

search for accumulator`s marring free technique if you going with the two bucket method. if time is an issue look at onr as it is faster.

Accumulator
10-28-2011, 11:35 AM
I think the whole "removal of poilshing oils" thing is a different topic from what AliGhanizad is concerned with here. And just a FWIW, I don`t always remove the oils/whatever that my polishes leave behind; sometimes I do, sometimes I don`t, just depends on the particular job.

[SS]Shooter
10-28-2011, 11:16 PM
As mentioned, completely skip the self-serve wash and go with Optimum No-Rinse. You can use warm water, so it`s possible to do this in colder temps. You can do it in a Kmart parking lot or anywhere really.

Keep up the wax with a spray wax like Optimum Spray Wax or DG Aqua Wax. And you are NEVER done detailing a car.