PDA

View Full Version : White Dodge detailing ?`S

dksram
10-24-2011, 11:10 PM
I wanted to ask what would be the best and longest lasting SEALER wax, cheapest and quickest steps to wax my truck? The reason for these questions is because of my health and not being able to afford paying someone to do this for me.

I want to protect my truck and can not afford to wax it every 6 weeks or so. Sorry to be so straight forward but I get confused with all the info on this site.

Clay bar? Sealer wax? The paint is in great shape.

Thanks for any and all help.

lostdaytomorrow
10-25-2011, 08:12 AM
You can do plenty of reading before buying a product but from your post is suggest collinite 845 or 476 after washing and claying it.

Accumulator
10-25-2011, 12:24 PM
I wanted to ask what would be the best and longest lasting SEALER wax, cheapest and quickest steps to wax my truck? The reason for these questions is because of my health and not being able to afford paying someone to do this for me.

I want to protect my truck and can not afford to wax it every 6 weeks or so. Sorry to be so straight forward but I get confused with all the info on this site.

Clay bar? Sealer wax? The paint is in great shape.

Thanks for any and all help.

I appreciate your candor and think you sound very sensible :xyxthumbs

White is a nice, easy color to keep looking good, so this shouldn`t be too tough.

Consider doing a decontamination. Don`t worry, it`s not nearly as big a deal as it sounds, basically just doing a series of two extra washes (one with very alkaline stuff, the second with a very mild acidic product) before the regular wash. Super to do on white! AutoInt/ValuGard sells products called "A" and "B" that will fit the bill, or you can get stuff from FinishKare (the first is "FK1119", forget the number for the second one..).

Then I`d do some kind of prep- clay and some all-in-one or paint-cleaner. Both are easy enough to do. You could probably skip the clay if you do the decontamination.

Klasse All-In-One is a good product to clean the white paint and it`s *VERY* user-friendly.

Then I`d use FK1000P for the "wax". They call it "High Temp Paste Wax" but it`s really a sealer. Do one coat and wait a few weeks. After a while, do a regular wash and add a second coat. That oughta last a long, *LONG* time and protect the paint very well while looking great.

There`s nothing wrong with the Collinite products, but I`d go with the FK1000P, especially on white.

If there`s just no way you can/will do the above approach, tell me how you`d like to whittle it down and I`ll try to advise. There are only so many corners you can cut though..