PDA

View Full Version : Just Answering The Question?

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
03-01-2006, 07:14 PM
I posted this sometime back but I thought it might be a good thing to post again as I see allot of newer members.

If someone asks a question about a specific process or product...its important that you have some experience with that process or product before you answer their question...

What I mean by this some one asks..."what a good wheel cleaner"

This can be answered in many ways, what`s being asked is general

However if its asked " has anyone used X brand of wheel cleaner"

Your answer should not be no but this is the one that I use, that`s not answering the question....I am at times as bad as any but I really try and help with what is asked and to stay on topic.

Remember you are giving advice to someone that is going to put this into use and could mess up there car...I wouldn`t want that to happen of any advice I`ve given.

Just posting a reply for the sake of conversation is not always helping

97F1504x4
03-01-2006, 08:02 PM
This is true and I think we are all guilty of this from time to time. I will try to be better.

Richard

Beemerboy
03-01-2006, 10:14 PM
This is true and I think we are all guilty of this from time to time. I will try to be better.

Richard

Hey neighbor I didn`t know you where so close I sent you a PM

We should hook up some detailing

Also I didn`t start this to point fingers at anyone any more than myself, I just worry that we might steer someone the wrong way or give them advice without the experience behind it

97F1504x4
03-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey neighbor I didn`t know you where so close I sent you a PM

We should hook up some detailing

Also I didn`t start this to point fingers at anyone any more than myself, I just worry that we might steer someone the wrong way or give them advice without the experience behind it

I did not take it as pointing a finger at me or anyone for that matter. I know many of us do this. But i think it tends to be more an issue of merely wanting to pass on our expericances with things as a back up.

Richard

Beemerboy
03-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Bumping this back up to the top

xspwrstang
03-03-2006, 12:09 PM
I am kind of new here, officially anyways, and I like reading about different products. I like the fact that someone asks about product X and other people shime in w/the products they have used. Being new at this I appreciate other people who shime in b/c I get a broader range of products to consider. To me I look at it like learning about more products which is what I am here to do. Thanks, Erasmo

Beemerboy
04-28-2008, 02:18 PM
I see that we have some newer members and thought to bring this back to the top for them to read.

I think that its important that we try to give the best advice on process or product..Not just a generic answer that you have no knowledge of.

Just my .02 on the subject

JaredPointer
04-28-2008, 04:12 PM
If you would have used the search button, you would have found this....

;)

GearHead_1
04-28-2008, 05:01 PM
If you would have used the search button, you would have found this....

;)Yer cracking me up!:D

Beemerboy
07-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Back up to the top for the new members to read.

Its important to remember that when answering a question about a process, or product that you have some knowledge, or use of what`s questioned.

Poorboy
07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Back up to the top for the new members to read.

Its important to remember that when answering a question about a process, or product that you have some knowledge, or use of what`s questioned.

does that mean we can`t ramble on endlessly about some other topic than the one being discuss :hmmm: :notme:

Beemerboy
07-11-2008, 11:21 AM
does that mean we can`t ramble on endlessly about some other topic than the one being discuss :hmmm: :notme:

Steve,

You are an exception...no one really pays attention to what you say:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Big Leegr
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Steve,

You are an exception...no one really pays attention to what you say:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Oooooo! STEVE!! Dave called you an exceptional person! :gotcha:

GearHead_1
07-11-2008, 11:31 AM
I`ll never be able to make another post. All I`ve ever learned Steve taught me. :D

Poorboy
07-11-2008, 11:53 AM
I`ll never be able to make another post. All I`ve ever learned Steve taught me. :D

We`ll just have to start a new babble forum of our own ... PoorGearboyhead.com :rofl