PDA

View Full Version : New we page in the works

New Image
10-19-2011, 06:54 AM
What do you guys think and do you guys have any recommendations or inputs?

www.newimageautodetailing.com

Beccia
10-19-2011, 07:27 AM
I like the direction it is heading. Keep it sleek. If you could fill up the front page with a few more items, or maybe center the current content in the page it will frame better.

New Image
10-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks you! An I do agree with you on framing wise. I have made a few adjustments. So let me know what you think.

Envious Eric
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
I would get a new picture on there...one that is more clear and crisp. That one looks like oxidizing paint, even though there are reflections...get one of a black car where you focus on the reflection IN the paint, not the paint itself...

Brad B
10-19-2011, 06:15 PM
On your large header pictures--I would make them auto pictures or detail shots. I understand why you put a picture of a camera or a phone there, but it`s too large a picture to be cute with. Don`t, for a second, let the customer forget what site he is on and what you do. IMO, these shots should show results of your work.

Personally, I am not in love with your fonts of choice. The script is generic and weak, IMO. And the serif font used in the sub heads attracts to much attention for it`s own sake and looks cluttered. Use a sans-serif here. Also, avoid bright colored text, expecially if it`s more than a headline. It can be hard to read. Put your color and emphasis on the most important headlines. Only use one, maybe two fonts, max.

Consider a white, grey or lighter background color. It will look cleaner and crisper, make it easier to read and photos look better on it.

Nice start, sorry for the critique. I deal with graphics and marketing in my job.

Good luck.

Nth Degree
10-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Agreed about a different photo on the main page. Something that is immediately identifiable as a car. Seeing the reflection is great, but it takes a second for the viewer to figure out exactly what they are looking at. The `vette would probably be a better choice.

tssdetailing
10-20-2011, 01:38 PM
• lose the Hash marks across the top of the pages-it`s not a home improvement site

• keep your big photos more clean car related and less related to the page title

• the bright green is not a bad thing, but it`s overused. I like it on the header/logo. Its too bright for body copy–just use it to hightlight important info. The link and body copy font need to be re-thought for sure, looks like i`m reading a punk rock page.

• Home page needs some body copy-more text for search bots to chew on and something better than a phrase for your viewer to be enticed by (although, i do love your catch phrase!!)

• Testimony page links are on the right not along the top. Keep links in a consistent place.

I wouldn`t start from scratch, just refine the site a bit and you`ll have something more pleasing to view.

New Image
10-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks guy! Those are all great idea`s. The hard part is I`m using a web creating page and to really fine tune it the way I want I would need to know how to work or write HTML codes.

I do however have some time to tweak thinks around. This time of the year is dead for me anyways.

Again THANK YOU all for your inputs keep them coming. Nothing will be taken personal. :)