PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Glass Cleaner Concentrate - Where have you been all of my life???

Pages : [1] 2

Dan
10-16-2011, 08:54 PM
I`ve been seeing Megs D120 get a lot of airtime on another forum. Honestly, glass is my most hated aspect of detailing. I dread it. I`m terrible at it. It sucks. In desperation, I grabbed a sample size from Rick @ ADS.

I`ve been using invisible glass and a wealth of other stuff that didn`t do well. Then comes D120. It cleans glass like the best glass cleaner but it works and dries like a QD... truly clean and streak free! I was actually excited to clean the windows using this stuff!

Bill D
10-16-2011, 09:39 PM
I`ll second that! Best glass cleaner I`ve use to date. I did my garage`s interior window and my Accord`s rear interior window today with the closest thing to enjoying it yet! I don`t think anyone would be disappointed with D120. :bigups

mikenap
10-16-2011, 09:54 PM
I couldn`t agree more. Great price, dilutes well, smells like grape kool-aid! And according to KB, it`s a good IPA substitute too.

Bill D
10-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Ah , now that sounds very interesting. Maybe it can break down polishing oils better than IPA

mikenap
10-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Dunno, I believe it just has a very good dilution of IPA already in the mix. It doesn`t streak or smear as easily as IPA does, so that`s a huge plus.

Bill D
10-16-2011, 10:11 PM
I`d be curious how it performs compared to a dedicated remover like Eraser.

imported_MCA
10-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Another Meg`s Glass Cleaner user here as well...like you, I converted from IG. IPA substitute is something interesting - I will have to give it a try also.

Leadfootluke
10-17-2011, 12:09 AM
I have always wanted to try this product as I have heard nothing but great reviews. Whenever I think I have found the best glass cleaner for my needs [Megs OTC, Stoner, 3D, SprayWay, etc], I still find a reason to look for a better product. If anyone wants to sell 16 to 32oz of their concentrate, let me know. Shipping for 32oz from ADS makes my order $15, and there is no way I could ever use a gallon.

jfelbab
10-17-2011, 08:20 AM
I have always wanted to try this product as I have heard nothing but great reviews. Whenever I think I have found the best glass cleaner for my needs [Megs OTC, Stoner, 3D, SprayWay, etc], I still find a reason to look for a better product. If anyone wants to sell 16 to 32oz of their concentrate, let me know. Shipping for 32oz from ADS makes my order $15, and there is no way I could ever use a gallon.

That`s what I thought too, but then my wife discovered it. She uses as much as I do around the houses and has been known to give samples to her family and friends. She uses it on windows, mirrors, appliances, countertops, shower doors, just about anything with a shiny surface, LOL. I now go through a couple gallons a year. She recently discovered D156 and now I`m using a couple gallons of that a year too.

If I could only get her to use this on the cars. ;)

DM101
10-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Safe for tinted windows??????

imported_MCA
10-17-2011, 09:57 AM

Yup - "Ammonia free / Window Tint Safe" is printed right on the front label. I was honestly surprised to read this considering how effective it is at cutting through dirt and haze without leaving any residue.

Dan
10-17-2011, 09:57 AM

According to Meguiars, yes.

Richard Grasa
10-17-2011, 10:18 AM
I love this stuff, nothing else cleans streak free so easily. I always have customers asking how we got their windows looking so good.

Fast Eddie
10-17-2011, 10:44 AM
I love this stuff, nothing else cleans streak free so easily. I always have customers asking how we got their windows looking so good.

Same here, and I think I`ve given a couple gallons of meg`s glass cleaner away, a couple ounces at a time.

lostdaytomorrow
10-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Always preferred aerosol invisible glass to any sort of spray