PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washer

dschribs
10-14-2011, 10:56 AM
How much do you guys think I would need to spend to get a DECENT pressure washer for car detailing related tasks (Foaming, wheels etc.)

Also, any suggestions on a reasonably priced reliable model?

C. Charles Hahn
10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Do you want electric or gas powered?

autoaesthetica
10-14-2011, 01:14 PM
And what kind of coin you looking to top out at? I ask because there is a pretty big difference once you get into the 400+ plus range for quiet electic ones that arent going to be blowing hoses or popping breakers.

Scooby24
10-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I`ve had a much more pleasant experience with my GreenWorks 1700 PSI from Lowe`s for 179 than my previous Karcher crap 1500 unit. The Greenworks has a lot of nice features for being so cheap. The only problem I`ve had with it was the cheapo Leviton GFI plug went out on me after only 4 or 5 uses. I went to home depot and got a 4 dollar replacement plug and rewired it. Didn`t figure I`d ever need the GFI plug since the outlet I use is inside the garage and will never get wet.

http://imagethumbnails.milo.com/008/106/445/290/8106470_9138445_290.jpg

dschribs
10-14-2011, 01:55 PM
I`ve had a much more pleasant experience with my GreenWorks 1700 PSI from Lowe`s for 179 than my previous Karcher crap 1500 unit. The Greenworks has a lot of nice features for being so cheap. The only problem I`ve had with it was the cheapo Leviton GFI plug went out on me after only 4 or 5 uses. I went to home depot and got a 4 dollar replacement plug and rewired it. Didn`t figure I`d ever need the GFI plug since the outlet I use is inside the garage and will never get wet.

http://imagethumbnails.milo.com/008/106/445/290/8106470_9138445_290.jpg

I think that would work for me. And that`s about the price range I wanted to be in. I`m thinking will need to check this out. Do you use any sort of foam gun/lance with it?? Work ok for cleaning wheels??

Scooby24
10-14-2011, 02:00 PM
I think that would work for me. And that`s about the price range I wanted to be in. I`m thinking will need to check this out. Do you use any sort of foam gun/lance with it?? Work ok for cleaning wheels??

Mike (autoaesthetica) actually went way way way out of his way to set me up with an Autoglos Foam Cannon with the proper QC connectors to work with this Pressure Washer. It`s inbound and will be here tomorrow so I will get to utilize it on sunday. Prior to this I`ve occasionally made use of the soap containers to spray foam, but it`s not that impressive. The 45 and 25 degree nozzles provide good coverage and it works very well for automotive needs.

If you`d like, I do plan on filming the Foam Cannon in action with this pressure washer so stay tuned on results...

Woody Wax
10-14-2011, 05:53 PM
I guess a lot depends on how often you plan on using it and how long you expect it to last, even with most of these now being fully or just parts built in china I think is still a case of you get what you pay for.

I don`t know much about the prices or brands other than the name brand ones sold in the USA

So: My advise is always find a model that will cover your use and needs, then buy the next model up. I always try and buy the best I can afford.

Cheers Daniel