PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Sprayer

dschribs
10-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Anyone use something like this for wheel cleaner?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2178_485522485

I just bought three bottles of Autoglym wheel cleaner (non-acid based) and I`m thinking of consolidating them all into one bottle. This seems like it would be pretty handy.

Think it would work ok for wheel cleaning?

Are the one`s at Home Depot or Lowe`s ok or are there better ones out there??

wascallyrabbit
10-10-2011, 09:39 AM
i think it`ll work fine. i just use on of the garden sprayers 1-Gallon Economy Sprayer-1401P at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&productId=100188485&R=100188485)

i use the autoglym wheel cleaner diluted 1:1 for maintenance washes.

SpoolinNoMore
10-10-2011, 09:44 AM
The ones you get from Home Depot, etc. are usually the exact same thing only labeled differently. I know Gilmour makes a foam gun that you can get for ~$35 off Amazon as opposed to the exact same thing relabeled on other detailing sites (sometimes not relabeled) for ~$50+. I`d go with your Lowe`s/Home Depot/Amazon pressurized chemical sprayers over the (typically) more expensive sprayers from specialty websites because they`re labeled as use for detailing chemicals. Just go with wherever you can find cheapest :xyxthumbs

Accumulator
10-10-2011, 11:44 AM
dschribs- I wonder if you`ll like it :think:

I have a few of those (and a garden sprayer for ONR), but for some reason I gravitate towards regular old squeeze-it sprayers for this sort of thing. Can`t really say why, but I guess it`s about feeling I have greater control over the output or something :nixweiss Maybe I`ll get one of those sprayers out of mothballs and revisit the idea...

wascallyrabbit
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM
i find when using a garden sprayer for wheel cleaner that i use less product then the regular squeeze bottle.

Ch96067
10-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Though not for wheel cleaner (afraid of spraying too much on the brakes), I have used similar sprayer for the prewash with 1Z antibug.

In terms of ease of use it is much better, as it is not tiring at all compared to the no pressure version. Better coverage through better `atomization` is another benefit. In terms of product used, I use the same (500ml) per time, I can just make more passes because of the thinner spray.

Unfortunately all 3 pressure sprayers I have used have given up the ghost very quickly, either because of the pressure mechanism or because of a puncture at the base. I hope this is of course not the case with yours.

dschribs
10-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Maybe I`m thinking it will be more cool than practical...

If it`s under ten bucks or Lowe`s or HD - it`s not much of a loss if I`m not into it or if it`s craps the bed.

autoaesthetica
10-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Just use the 6 dollar cheapies. They last longer. Many times its the sprayers springs that get eaten alive by chemicals, not so much the seals.

Bill D
10-10-2011, 10:05 PM
I don`t use them for detailing but I have an arsenal of gallon sprayers for yard duty. Makes sense to go with the Walmart cheapo ones since the more expensive ones malfunction just as soon IME. I don`t need to spray detailing chemicals in the quantity the gallon sprayers do so I`ve always just used 32 or 16oz spray bottles.