PDA

View Full Version : Confused...

dawgboy
10-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Well Ive tried to paint correct my own car.*LOL* But Im having a little trouble.

I have primed the MFCD properly and I did a test spot on my roof with the D300 at about 4.5 and medium pressure with a GG.

It turned out great but it seemed like I had to do atleast over 10 passes! Is this normal, I must be doing something wrong!!! *LOL*? (meaning 3-4 pea size drops, 5 to 6 passes, 3-4 pea size drops, 5 to 6 passes, then about 5-6 passes without adding more product.):knockout:

After finally getting the desired results I go to the next section, but it seems not to be cutting as good as when I first started????

Should the MFCD be brushed or cleaned before starting each say 2`x2` section? and if not when do you brush/clean it?

On a side note...it seems when I tape off a section and concentrate on that section I correct better than when I dont tape it off and do an imaginary taped section..Dont know if this has something to do with the issues Im having.:dizzy:

imported_Erik Mejia
10-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Not sure, but try and shrink your work area, slow your arm speed and use moderate pressure. See how your results turn up and go from there.

TroyScherer
10-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I agree with Erik. Try and concentrate on correcting a smaller area at a time. Many times the amount of area people try and cover is to much and they don`t get the full effect of a product or technique. I always try and and stay at 2x2 or nothing wider than my shoulders. Also very slow arm speed ensures the buffer and product has a chance to work the area.

I have not found the need for anything more than moderate/medium pressure so I am guess you are good there.

The Megs MF pads should be cleaned after every section IMO. By doing so you ensure you are getting the best results possible. I use an air compressor to blow out my pads but a brush should work just as well. After cleaning the pad I only use 3-4 pea sized drops for each consecutive section.

dawgboy
10-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Yeah thanks for the advice people...went at a slower arm speed and smaller section I actually taped each 2 x 2 so I would make sure I wouldnt cheat myself...*LOL* did my whole roof...time to resT!!! I did have to do more passes on certain sections of the roof though..maybe because of the condition of some...I might try something more abrasive next time...or different cutting pad...

Anybody compared cutting with the microfibercompound/meguiars mircofiber cutting disk with microfibercompound with another disk say LC Orange??? Thanks for the help.

Xilleration
10-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Have I missed the car here... Have you got German paint?

autoaesthetica
10-08-2011, 04:18 PM
For whatever it is worth, when I am working with the MF DA system I prime(evenly but lightly) an then only use 2 -3 dots of product for each section. Once you have full contact with SMAT products, literally everything extra is a waste of product.

Accumulator
10-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I virtually never do 2` x 2` areas, even when I`m getting medieval with the rotaries. I always seem to do better when I work smaller areas than that.

jfelbab
10-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Are you cleaning the pad often? Makes a world of difference.