PDA

View Full Version : Should i polish or not?

GanJa786
10-05-2011, 02:33 AM
I have a car that i bought last year and only has about 19000 kms. I recently hand washed my car, clayed and prep for rock chips. Now my question is how do I know if I need to apply polish or not? Or do I just apply the wax? Because as far as I know polish only shines and remove scratches from car and i have no scratches as far as i can see. I hope someone replies.

Accumulator
10-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I have a car that i bought last year and only has about 19000 kms. I recently hand washed my car, clayed and prep for rock chips. Now my question is how do I know if I need to apply polish or not? Or do I just apply the wax? Because as far as I know polish only shines and remove scratches from car and i have no scratches as far as i can see. I hope someone replies.

If there`s no marring to correct then I wouldn`t use an abrasive polish (well....something like Menzerna po85RD would almost certainly make it look better anyhow...).

You might find that some kind of paint cleaner or all-in-one is worth doing.

autoaesthetica
10-05-2011, 04:11 PM
I would second this, if its swirl free, then a nice paint cleaner will brighten the paint tremendously while removing any sort of accumulation or "weathering". Big difference`s can be made with this, though its hard to see until the vehicle is finished.

lostdaytomorrow
10-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Don`t forget to check for scratches on good lighting too. Direct sunlight, halogen, led flashlight, etc.

Accumulator
10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Don`t forget to check for scratches on good lighting too. Direct sunlight, halogen, led flashlight, etc.

Heh heh...well, (WARNING! Autopian Heresy follows!).. even though *I* do that sort of thing on most of my vehicles (no, not all of `em :grinno: ), I could also make a good argument for not looking for problems you don`t know you have ;)

lostdaytomorrow
10-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Heh heh...well, (WARNING! Autopian Heresy follows!).. even though *I* do that sort of thing on most of my vehicles (no, not all of `em :grinno: ), I could also make a good argument for not looking for problems you don`t know you have ;)

I have heard the phrase Ignorance is Bliss a time or two in my day, and I fully agree on all accounts. Once ya see it on your paint, you won`t forget it till ya fix it.