PDA

View Full Version : Dr Beasley`s?

Bill D
10-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I just stumbled on this brand and didn`t see anything about it. The only thing I know is that the packaging cleverly looks like medicine bottles and it appears the line focus on being Eco friendly. Anyone know mire about their products?

Brad B
10-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Never used it. Creative marketing angle and packaging.

Bill D
10-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Looks like it`s sold online through their site and Sears has their stuff but at a rather inflated price.

I`m guessing their target user is one who is impressed by the packaging but not exactly Autopian when it comes to involved detailing knowledge?

C. Charles Hahn
10-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I`ve seen their stuff... not really sure what to make of it.

Bill D
10-01-2011, 10:12 PM
When the packaging is a bit different in either extreme, either too no frills or too gimmicky, my initial reaction tends to be :confused: :think:

Ron Ketcham
10-01-2011, 10:14 PM
If it`s the one I think it is, a guy started a little business using bee`s wax for lip balm, grew it with partner into a multi-million dollar business, came up with everything from lotions to candles and sold out to his partner a couple of years ago.

Sort of the "organic" marketing approach.

That market will buy anything that has his name on it.

Grumpy

Bill D
10-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Ah yes! Burts Bees? Is Dr Beasley Burt? The stuff is a hit in particular with sunbathing women. Organic is only getting bigger these days.

Ron Ketcham
10-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I got the two confused, but somewhere in the back of my old twisted mind is Beasley`s was a bee`s wax product line.

Time to go to the couch, my head hurts from thinking.

Grumpy

Bill D
10-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Hurts like a good workout! Thanks again for the great tidbits!

C. Charles Hahn
10-01-2011, 11:05 PM
If it`s the one I think it is, a guy started a little business using bee`s wax for lip balm, grew it with partner into a multi-million dollar business, came up with everything from lotions to candles and sold out to his partner a couple of years ago.

Sort of the "organic" marketing approach.

That market will buy anything that has his name on it.

Grumpy

Ah, so car wax for trendy hipsters... gotcha.

Probably means it`s specially formulated to be compatible with Prius, Leaf, and Volt paint :lol:

Brad B
10-02-2011, 01:18 AM

Probably means it`s specially formulated to be compatible with Prius, Leaf, and Volt paint :lol:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Lol!

mikenap
10-02-2011, 05:52 AM

Maybe it`s not designed for cars at all? Think of it... detailing products designed to keep your fixie bike looking as good as the day you pulled it out of the dumpster!

SpoolinNoMore
04-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Just came across this thread looking for info about the company. It looks like they`re making a push for products meant for matte finishes now:

Matte Car Care Products Car Care Products, Car Cleaning Products, Detailing Kits (http://www.drbeasleys.com/shop-drbeasleys/products/matte-car-care.html)

This company kind of remind me of the "Gucci" Migliore products. The increased price isn`t due to the higher quality of products or extensive testing, it`s probably to make up for the lack of sales (IMO).