PDA

View Full Version : HD poxy vs optimum poly seal

Pages : [1] 2

jdubb12
09-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Has anyone had the chance to compare these two? Is it ok to use wax over these?

Rei86
09-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Don`t know how you can compare the two since Poxy is just a wax based sealant and Poly Seal is an AIO.

jdubb12
09-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Is it safe to wax over poxy?

Dan
09-29-2011, 03:12 PM
You`d waste your time waxing over poxy. Poxy looks better than most waxes under $50. It also lasts as longer than most beauty waxes.

Both Poxy and Poliseal have similar looks, both are very wet looking and have a bit of depth. Poxy is probably a better choice for well prepped paint, Poliseal is of course a better choice for paint that needs attention.

Rei86
09-29-2011, 03:21 PM
You can, but I don`t know why you would want to top a LSP.

wascallyrabbit
09-29-2011, 04:30 PM
i going with what dan said. however if you are set on using both i would use poli seal with a polishing pad then poxy with a finishing pad (or apply by hand). of course for best durability you will want to do a ipa wipe down before applying poxy.

DM101
09-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Dan is on spot!!

You`d waste your time waxing over poxy. Poxy looks better than most waxes under $50. It also lasts as longer than most beauty waxes.

Both Poxy and Poliseal have similar looks, both are very wet looking and have a bit of depth. Poxy is probably a better choice for well prepped paint, Poliseal is of course a better choice for paint that needs attention.

Brad B
09-29-2011, 07:30 PM
The more applications I find for Poxy the more I am impressed with it. Good durability as well.

Scottwax
09-29-2011, 11:05 PM
The more applications I find for Poxy the more I am impressed with it. Good durability as well.

Very rich, thick look too. Looks especially good on dark metallics.

SpoolinNoMore
09-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Very rich, thick look too. Looks especially good on dark metallics.

I`ve topped my `nimbus grey metallic` with OC and then Poxy and love it. I wanted to `top the topping` for slickness, but Poxy helped give it the deeper wet look and made the paint feel smoother than with the OC alone.

mikenap
09-30-2011, 12:35 PM
I`ve topped my `nimbus grey metallic` with OC and then Poxy and love it. I wanted to `top the topping` for slickness, but Poxy helped give it the deeper wet look and made the paint feel smoother than with the OC alone.

How long has Poxy lasted over OC?

SpoolinNoMore
09-30-2011, 12:53 PM
How long has Poxy lasted over OC?

It`s hard to tell aside from the beading is different. With just OC it had very small tight water beads, but with Poxy on top it had larger water beads. So if that was my measure of durability, I`m going on about 7 weeks now with the same amount of "Poxy beading" as I did on day 1. I`ve been in the process of moving the past couple weeks so it hasn`t gotten washed for a little while.

SpoolinNoMore
09-30-2011, 12:55 PM
As far as visibly, it has always been hard for me to tell since the LSP fading process is gradual, so I never really notice a difference until I put another layer on :-P

mikenap
09-30-2011, 05:36 PM
As far as visibly, it has always been hard for me to tell since the LSP fading process is gradual, so I never really notice a difference until I put another layer on :-P

Cool, thanks for the reply. I always wonder how the "you can`t top OC" thing plays out for people. Seems like you`ve gotten decent durability so far.

SpoolinNoMore
09-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Cool, thanks for the reply. I always wonder how the "you can`t top OC" thing plays out for people. Seems like you`ve gotten decent durability so far.

I figured it was worth trying out. I should have some pictures from right after OC treatment and some from right after topping it with Poxy. I`ve still got everything in boxes, but I`ll try to remember to post some blind test thread to see if anyone can tell which one looks topped.