PDA

View Full Version : Best product line recommendation

Pages : [1] 2

chas1025
09-28-2011, 11:24 AM
I am new to the forums and I would like to find one product line that offers the best available products across the board. I have several different regular store bought items, and would like to find one good group of products for personal use.

Thanks

tom p.
09-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Welcome aboard!

What sort of stuff do you want to work on? Are you a commercial business doing 50 cars/week?

What products do you already own? Have you liked them?

chas1025
09-28-2011, 01:33 PM
The products I am looking for are for personal use. I end up taking care of our cars, and those of my mom and sisters. There are a few older cars that need some 3 step tlc, and then I want to start on the right foot with the new car.

I was looking in my garage and I think I have 10 different waxes and several different polishes. I could easily have spent some money on better products, but have really only become aware of these higher end lines as of recent.

Dan
09-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I don`t think there is one line that is the best. Meguiars certainly has the best range, Mothers is probably best bang for the buck for local stuff, Optimum is probably the most innovative.

I would certainly start with listing deficiencies with your current products and methods and then working from that approach as wholesale product line replacement is going to just end up costing you more money.

Lastly, I would hate to be forced into one brand.

wascallyrabbit
09-28-2011, 03:01 PM
there are just to many good products form different manufactures that i wouldn`t limit yourself to just one line. most all manufactures will have all the products you need to do a car inside and outside from beginning to end.

DM101
09-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Wow, thats hard to pick on line of products.. But if I had to I would choose Duragloss. They offer everything you need to detail a car or boat. Check them out. They are a no frills type of company. No fancy labeling, just down right good products.

wascallyrabbit
09-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Wow, thats hard to pick on line of products.. But if I had to I would choose Duragloss. They offer everything you need to detail a car or boat. Check them out. They are a no frills type of company. No fancy labeling, just down right good products.

i would`ve chose 3d or optimum. but i like ardex and duragloss as well.

autoaesthetica
09-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Ardex is good cleaners, Optimum for non OTC, Duragloss for OTC - both very easy to use and really some top class products.

chas1025
09-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, I have used Meguiar`s (NXT, Gold Class, couple others) Mothers, Zymol cleaner/wax. Mostly the advance/auto zone/walmart brands. I can see webbing, just much less than perfect paint.

Ok then, I will accept some advice on swirl remover, sealer, waxes, detailer spray, clay from different mfgs. The whole paint/glass treatment. I am also looking at buying either a Griot`s orbital, or Porter Cable.

Thanks

tom p.
09-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Agreed. A machine would be my first purchase too.

Like Dan, i would suggest Meguiars. It can be virtually OTC once you establish a relationship with your local body shop supply store and figure out which of the products you want to work with. Meg`s can offer top quartile performance on virtually any product..from APC to sealants, polish, etc. They got some real winners.

Duragloss would be another choice, I don`t recommend them often cuz my local store closed up and I have no idea, nor the inclination, to figure out if the stuff is still available. Considering the cost of gasoline and the related running around, it`s gonna be about the same to do a $100 order somewhere and get free shipping.

Be certain you end up with a reasonable assortment of pads for the machine. Try to get good quality MF towels in bulk.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-28-2011, 06:16 PM
If I HAD TO isolate myself to one line, with the new formula of their polishes I would vote for Optimum.

autoaesthetica
09-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Meguiar`s probably has the best line for ALLLLLLLLL encompassing detail supply based on product numbers alone.

Rei86
09-28-2011, 06:51 PM
This is hard to name since everyone makes such good products...

IME I`ve found Optimum`s line to go well above and beyond. They have the new SMAT compound II, Polish II and Finish. Than you have the amazing Opti Coat which is pretty much in a class of its own and nothing in my OPINION outshines it. Not Cquartz, not Aquartz, not System X, not anything else on the market! The only Coating that probably can give OC its run for its money is GTechniq C1.

Next you have Meguiar`s which has everything you pretty much need off the counter. And I do mean pretty much anything from Clay, Compound, Polish, Pads, Wax, sealant, etc etc. The only thing missing on the US Shores is the a coating product called Nano Crystal Coating that`s sold overseas only.

imported_Burlyq
09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Clay Magic or any other clay is the first must have.

Klasse, Zaino, Menzerna, duragloass, are great they are not greasy or gummy. K,Z, or D are acrylic or polymer that acts like acrylic products that will give you better protection then oily products. Menzerna compounds are crazy good, I`ve taken paint that has been abused for near 20 years looking almost new in very few passes.

chas1025
09-28-2011, 07:50 PM
What about pinnacle, wolfgang, dodo juice, Griot`s, Adam`s. Are those worth their money?