PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Hybrid V7-Optical Select-High Gloss Spray Sealant Detailer

DM101
09-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Has anyone tried Chemical Guys Hybrid V7-Optical Select-High Gloss Spray Sealant Detailer ???

It has gotten some excellant reviews.

Street5927
09-25-2011, 12:32 PM
That looks like it might be a great product, especially with quick flashing so no streaks. I am curious about this also.

imported_MCA
09-25-2011, 01:15 PM
I really like the stuff and will be ordering a full gallon soon. As expected from CG, their V7 claims are exaggerated and this product is not the second coming of sliced bread. I would say that V7 is more of a booster spray sealant as opposed to a standalone LSP. I have tried it on its own and gives about 2 weeks of really fast water-repulsion - You definitely would not confuse it with OCW or AW in the durability area. With regards to appearance, it imparts a very high-gloss look with a clean, non-oily slickness - not to mention it smells of an orange dreamsicle (which my wife and I really like). Streaking was a non-issue as it flashes off very quickly although the instructions mention not to apply on a warm/hot surface. As it stands, V7 and AW are my chosen post-wash products to tidy up water spots and restore appearance.

uzj100
09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
I`ve used it too as a topper on CG`s Blacklight. Very nice look, though as noted needs fairly frequent reapplication. Easy to use and remove.