PDA

View Full Version : Interesting source for bottles, sprayers and more.

Pages : [1] 2

Brad B
09-20-2011, 10:53 AM
I have found many sources for sprayers, bottles, etc. Of course you can get them online, from your favorite detailing website, at places like Containers and More stores, etc. But I happened to be at a beauty supply store the other day (Don`t ask.) and I hit the motherload of cheap supplies.

They had sprayers in many sizes and with different spray patterns and atomizers. Squeeze bottles came in many sizes and had a myriad of tops. Some with cone shaped pour spouts both long and short and even angled. (I am told hair colorists use these for accurate placement of dye.) They also had a lot of different small containers which would hold product or wax. They even had things available in mix and match color coded designs so you can look cool and be organized.

They also had a wide variety of medical swabs...essentially q-tips on steroids. I use these by the hundreds when detailing.

Also, I found manicure filing boards of all types. They had a variety of different grits from rough to around (I estimate) 1000 grit. All different shapes and sizes. I find all sorts of uses for these when I am doing repairs touch ups of all kinds. It`s like getting sandpaper with a backing board. Pretty handy.

Anyway, in case you need something in a pinch (or CHEAP) you may want to check out the beauty supply store in your area. The exact store I went to was called Sally Beauty Supply, which is a chain. You probably have something similar near you.

Oh, and I look so pretty now! (wink)

http://www.fototime.com/1E59B8EEB35FEEB/standard.jpg

Sorry for the iPhone pic.

tom p.
09-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Some of my most-prized, fine-mist spray bottles were found at CVS for $.99. They have been working perfectly for a number of years and offer a mist that`s very fine.

Bill D
09-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Ah yes, Sally`s. They seem pretty widespead even down here. I used to use Biolage hair gel. Good source for it. Now my hair`s so short I don`t remember the last time I had to use a brush :D

Great bottles there! I haven`t been to one in years. Thanks for reminding me.

C. Charles Hahn
09-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Heck yeah, Brad... I`ve been doing that for years now. The girls working there always give me a strange look when I check out with nothing but empty bottles (which sometimes means their entire stock of a particular size/style). They`re what I use to give clients small bottles of stuff like ONR, QID, etc.

I even got talked into joining their "club" once for the sake of getting a discount :o

Bill D
09-20-2011, 12:09 PM
You bought out the entire stock of a particular size :D :xyxthumbs

I got the strange looks too but a few were fairly interested in my purposes for the bottles.

Scooby24
09-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Sam`s club also sells 32 oz spray bottles with pretty nice nozzles for 11 dollars for an 8 pack. Pretty good deal, IMO.

Nth Degree
09-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the tip. Gonna have to check one out.

RenuAuto
09-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Holy crap, never would have thought of this! Great tip :)

Brad B
09-20-2011, 07:24 PM
I even got talked into joining their "club" once for the sake of getting a discount :o

Ahh, so you can be pretty, too. :)

Bill D
09-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Oh goodie! There is a Sally in my town. I`ll be bound to stop by sooner or later now.

smokinfastlegen
09-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow never thought about this. Can you confirm before I go that the bottles you get there are HDPE?

C. Charles Hahn
09-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Ahh, so you can be pretty, too. :)

:rofl :nono

Hey, when I`m told if I spend $10 to join, they`ll give me a $15 discount, it`s kind of a no-brainer!

mikenap
09-20-2011, 08:46 PM
I want those yorker bottles in that pic. It takes a real man to squeeze some M105 out of a bottle covered in flowers!

umi000
09-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Heck yeah, Brad... I`ve been doing that for years now. The girls working there always give me a strange look when I check out with nothing but empty bottles (which sometimes means their entire stock of a particular size/style). They`re what I use to give clients small bottles of stuff like ONR, QID, etc.

I do the same at the beauty section of the nearby department store - I`ve gotten some strange looks myself :)

Dan
09-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Isn`t there a guy out front that takes away your man card if you go inside???