PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq C5

Mobilejay
09-17-2011, 09:09 AM
I posted on another site but figured I`d post on here as well:

Holy sh*t this stuff works awesome! I have a client with a BMW 5 series that I see once a month like clock work. He does not wash, or have it washed until I am there. I thought it would be a great candidate to test C5 Wheel Armor. Last month I applied it to half of the front driver wheel and half of the rear driver wheel. I didn`t remember what half was the one with the coating so I just sprayed the wheel down and couldn`t believe me eyes.

Heres a video, since I didn`t know exactly where the coating was I kind of missed it. Look to the right of the wheel, thats where the coating is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/jc10/th_IMG_2510.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v218/jc10/?action=view&current=IMG_2510.mp4)

wascallyrabbit
09-17-2011, 08:48 PM
its pretty obvious which half has c5 and which doesn`t. is that one months worth of brake dust? mine are worse than that after a week.

Mobilejay
09-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah that`s one month. Usually they are worse but he`s been driving his Porsche more. I have a client with a cayenne that I`m going to try the C5 on because his are 10 times worse after a week. I`ll post a video of those as well.

DM101
09-18-2011, 11:34 AM
A very expensive product. $69.00 for 25ml .... How many rims can you do will 25ml`s ???

anson89
09-18-2011, 11:59 AM
That`s good stuff Jason. I might have to try it. I`ve been using Cquartz on my client`s cars and it works wonders as well.

Mobilejay
09-18-2011, 09:23 PM
MDRX8, I will keep you updated on that. I will probably apply it to a clients car tomorrow, this will give me a better idea of how long the product lasts.

Anson, I used and still have some CQ but can`t stand the application. I have had so much trouble applying that **** that I stopped using it. I have been using Opti Coat and love it. Amazing coating!

DM101
09-19-2011, 03:36 AM
Thanks let us know how it works out

Mobilejay
09-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Well thanks to the rain, I wasn`t at my clients house today. I did some other cars at a shop that don`t go anywhere so the coating would have been pointless to test. Give me another week and I will apply it. I am at this guys house every Monday.

Frank A.
09-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Where can this be purchased in the USA? Thanks!

Regards,

Frank A.

wascallyrabbit
09-27-2011, 07:10 AM
pakshak carries gtechinq. or you can order direct from gtechniq (there are in the uk) they do ship to the US.

Brad B
09-27-2011, 09:26 AM
A very expensive product. $69.00 for 25ml .... How many rims can you do will 25ml`s ???

I wonder as well. That`s a lot of cash.

Is the primary selling point that it cleans off easily or that it stays cleaner longer? I have always been disappointed in products that claim either of these benefits.

Does it really allow cleaning the wheel with a spray and give results an Autopian would be proud of? Or does it still need a wipe down? It seems that if it still needs a wipe it would not be worth it.

Curious. :)

Mobilejay
09-27-2011, 04:38 PM
As far as how much can you do with one bottle....I used the entire bottle on 5 wheels. This was half of the front and half of the back of the BMW that I posted the videos from. Then I applied it to 4 Cayenne wheels this week, but I did the front and the inside of the wheels so the entire wheel is coated. They are 20`s or 22`s??? Not sure. The amount I used could be due to applying too much, and/or the type of wheels. The Cayenne has a very multi spoke pita wheel. I HATE cleaning these wheels because they are such a pain and they get so dirty in 1 weeks time. SO, hopefully if the weather is fine this Monday coming up, I will report back and let you guys know.

Brad, I will report on this as well. This next Monday I will only spray the wheels down and see what I am left with. It will all be on video.

Hopefully I applied it correctly and achieve the same results you guys saw in the video above.

jmsc
09-28-2011, 11:23 AM
I have used it on 2 customer`s cars both DD. Did one beginning of June and it still looks shiny, glossy after just a hosedown spray and a Z-6 wipe with a mf. C5 definitely does not hold onto alot of brake dust.

Going to do my own car this weekend.

Does anyone know if C5 is layerable?

CEE DOG
09-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Nice! Thanks for the cool video and info. The cost has always stopped me from getting C5 as well. I keep thinking how much better could it be than using CQ or OC for which I can get a lot more for the money. And if it is better than why wouldn`t it be better on the rest of the car as well? Anyway, my buddy Jim bought like 5 kits of the C5 he loved it so much but I still haven`t gone for it.

Thanks again,

Cheers