PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best microfiber?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Volvonaut
09-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Who do you think offers the most outstanding microfiber cloths, waffle weaves etc? I`ve been happiest with Chemical Guys (really hit or miss) and Showroom FX, but imagine these fall under the "very good" category.

Bill D
09-14-2011, 10:46 AM
It all depends on what grade the vendor is selling. For a long time folks have been really happy with Pakshak. I`ve ordered from him and a few others over the years. Microfibertech was another that really stood out to me,as the ones I from them still perform like new.

wascallyrabbit
09-14-2011, 12:29 PM
pakshak (microfibertech) and the purple cobra ones are my favorites. yellow eurow (costco), shag eurow are pretty good as well. only thing i don`t like about the eurow shag is the size. a little on the small side.

imported_MCA
09-14-2011, 01:31 PM
I really like pakshak as well - they have never let me down. With that said, it really depends on what towel manufacturer your chosen vendor is sourcing their towel from..and from what I have seen, they tend to switch sourcing partners frequently. What I like now could be completely different a few months later because of a switch. A few years ago, I had bought a 12-pack of MF towels from Home Depot for roughly ~$15. They were pretty much exactly the same as the CG Sasquath Maximus towels (excellent btw)...naturally, I check back in with Home Depot and the towels are of the low-nap variety even though they have the same packing.

Another good place for OTC towels are Target and Autozone. Sometimes you will find Mother`s brand which are manufactured by Viking.

Dan
09-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Sometimes you will find Mother`s brand which are manufactured by Viking.

I fell in love with the Mother`s towels recently. I pinged Forrest about them as I had only seen them in the clay bar kits. Turns out you can mail order them! $25/12 for very nice towels!

smokinfastlegen
09-14-2011, 02:03 PM
I have bought towels recently from autoality.com and their plush towels are very very nice. Satin edged, and very good quality towels. Little pricey at like $7 a towel, but for me well worth it.

SpoolinNoMore
09-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I really like my Cobra purple & blue towels from AG. Next time I need to restock on fresh MF`s I will be going to pakshak due to the countless good reviews on their quality though.

DM101
09-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Where can you buy them for $12 / 12 ??? Are they the detailing or drying towel or neither ??

I fell in love with the Mother`s towels recently. I pinged Forrest about them as I had only seen them in the clay bar kits. Turns out you can mail order them! $12/12 for very nice towels!

Brad B
09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
I fell in love with the Mother`s towels recently. I pinged Forrest about them as I had only seen them in the clay bar kits. Turns out you can mail order them! $12/12 for very nice towels!

Ditto on the Mothers towels, both polishing and detailing. Very good stuff. And their `laminated drying towel` is my favorite drying product, period.

I have had the opportunity to work/test with a couple distributors of microfiber products. It`s all made overseas, of course, and the manufacturing plants all have different sweet spots regarding quality and technology. Where some make good polishing towels, others weave a more appropriate QD loop. The job of a good distributor is to spec products and test them. China has the edge in quality but some Korean products are getting better.

Bill D
09-14-2011, 03:48 PM
It`s really great one can go locally and get quality Mother`s MFs. Takes the hassle out of always having to order, not to mention shipping costs. It wasn`t all that long ago that locally found MFs were really hit and miss or junk altogether, so it`s really great that has changed. I`m going to keep an eye out for those mentioned!

solekeeper
09-14-2011, 08:49 PM
purple cobra from autogeek, it seriously leaves NO micro-marring.

Dan
09-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Where can you buy them for $12 / 12 ??? Are they the detailing or drying towel or neither ??

Directly from Mother`s. They are a standard detailing towel. You can check them out wherever the clay kits are sold as they are in the box.

Rei86
09-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Are you guys talking about the Ultra-Soft Quick Detail and polishing towel? Can`t find the "15" x 15" Microfiber Towel" alone for $12/12

uzj100
09-14-2011, 10:31 PM
I`ve had good luck with Pak Shak over the years. I have about 150 towels at least from PS.

Phishy4
09-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Directly from Mother`s. They are a standard detailing towel. You can check them out wherever the clay kits are sold as they are in the box.

Do you have to call them or something? I`m not seeing them on their e-store. I do really like those towels (I`ve had a half dozen or so from the clay kits) and I`d definitely throw down for a couple dozen of them.