PDA

View Full Version : Posting pics

shirtman
09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Believe it or not, after all these years, I just tried to post my first picture..... and it wouldn`t let me for some reason. First, I tried attachments, and browsed to the pics on my hard drive, and went to upload.... told me that it "couldn`t find the web page".... no lick. Tried posting them to photobucket and when I tried to provide the URL in the post, it told me <paraphrased heavily> that I was reying to potentially push a virus or somehow was doing something nefarious. Tried to just copy and past, but that didn`t work either. Tried to search for picutre posting instructions.... didn`t find it. I am by no means a newbie when it comes to `puters (in fact I have been in the computer business for over 30 years :redface:) but this kinda has me stumped. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks very much.

Jeff

Ben@3D
09-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Not sure what the issues is. Just posted images a minute ago without issue.

Currently, the Image upload is disabled as there is an issue with vbulletin 4.5.1. Are you still getting an option to upload?

When you click on the insert image button(says image when you hover your mouse over it), just paste the link of url the image goes to and click ok. Simple as that.

What is the image url of the image you are trying to post?

shirtman
09-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Yes, it gives me the option to upload, but doesn`t do it. I will try again with the URL to Photobucket. It gave me some flakey error when I tried that last as if I was trying to upload a virus or something (of course I am not). Anyway, I`ll post back if it give me continued problems - I just thought I was having a senior moment and doing something incorrectly.

Thanks Ben.

Jeff

P.S. Never got a tracking number for my order the other day... any reason for that?

shirtman
09-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Bozo... yes I am. I think what I did was tried to post the URL directly within the post rather than use the image helper icon. It obviously didn`t like that! Post is up and all is well. Thanks.

Jeff