PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Odor Bomb makes everything smell like aerosol

SpoolinNoMore
09-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Picked up a can of New Car scent off of AG and tried it out on my SUV that didn`t have any odor problems, but I just wanted it to smell nice. However now (4 days later) my vehicle just smells like aerosol, I even left the windows open for a few hours afterwards and drove around with all windows down to vent it out.

Is this product just supposed to kill odors and not be an air freshener?

lostdaytomorrow
09-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Never used that product but i`ve had plenty of bad experiences with smell products, funny thing is that some of my friends I do cars for, that`s the thing they notice and like the most about a detail job. I use chemical guys leather scent in vehicles with leather, otherwise I use cockpit premium to leave a citrus smell. According to the label that Dakota product should eliminate odors though...

bigfish528
09-08-2011, 02:49 PM
I believe it is just an air freshener. I used the mountain air scent and the smell was over powering then again I used the whole can I had to drive with the windows down for about 3-4 days. I don`t believe there is any odor fighting/killing agents in the product. I think if you search for CG`s Extreme offensive odor eliminator or Odor Terminator products like these will help.

imported_Burlyq
09-10-2011, 07:12 PM
I wouldn`t use those because you want your car to smell nice. The propellants are pretty strong and if you ask me it is more for use where you need a strong product to overcome bad odor, but it isn`t permanent like when you use an airzone ozone generator. I`ve used them often the strong smell will go away after a couple days. Odor bombs are really good when your selling an old car that is a little musty, just use it like 3 days prior to showing it. Everything has a purpose, but those are overkill on new cars. Try CG`s scents when you want your car to smell nice. They have zero propellants and are interesting. Much better then the disks systems too.

SpoolinNoMore
09-10-2011, 08:13 PM
That explains a lot. I sorta figured it was for stubborn scents, but labeling it as `new car scent` made me think it would work as a freshener. I`ve been looking into some CG or 3D scents but they are lacking any good reviews.