PDA

View Full Version : Uno Working Times

broncoupe
09-04-2011, 11:00 AM
In a lot of threads i read a great deal is made of how long uno will carry on working on the pad

So my question is how do you know when enough is enough usually a product goes clear or looks like its drying

Also a more general question if the air temp is warm therefore the cars body is warm what is the correct procedure. Because i find product is generally drying out almost instantly as you move the orbital

Its like you need to work a very small area and how someone with you to buff off.

I work alone, but as i have said before i dont experiance any problems when working exclusivley by hand application and removal.

mike

Thomas Dekany
09-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi Mike - Almost all polishing products are recommended to be used out of the sun. The panel should be cool. Just last week I was polishing the front of my wife`s car that was driven for a good hour prior and while UNO didn`t come off easy if I worked it for awhile it still didn`t dust. Believe me the hood was pretty warm :)

Were you using a cutting pad?

Uno can be worked for a long time, but of course it will depend on the type of pad you are using and the amount of UNO. 2 drops on a polishing pad is more than enough for a 2x2 area. With cutting pads - may require more, depending on your speed.

broncoupe
09-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Using a Das pro6 originally used a 3M yellow pad now using a 3M green speed setting 3 or 4 out of 6

When i use the yellow pad it doesnt seem to cut that much the way you guys talk pretty much anything is possible with Uno and an orbital

One thing i struggle with is when to add more to the pad.

In the past i have been applying a paint sealant and i have always found this easy, i have even be checked by the sealant manufacturer who loves my work

So you can see how hard i find this as I REALLY am struggling to get the results i should, i seem to crap out on paint correction and every time i resort to doing it by hand

mike

Thomas Dekany
09-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Where are you located?

broncoupe
09-04-2011, 03:37 PM
not far UK!!

Alfisti
09-04-2011, 03:38 PM
I`m not familiar with your polisher but if it`s like a PC, speed 3/4 is too slow. Take it to 5 or 6 and with an aggressive pad. Is the 3M yellow a heavy cutting pad like LC yellow?

broncoupe
09-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Machine is quite similar to the porter. yellow pad is soft like a polishing pad green is hard and aggressive.

Should you ever mist water with uno or will it just splatter

Thomas Dekany
09-04-2011, 04:39 PM
speed 3 or 4 is for applying waxes. As Paul says, use speed 6 and see what happens with a cutting pad.

broncoupe
09-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I will give it a try

thanks

Alfisti
09-05-2011, 01:00 AM
With UNO use a pad a bit more aggressive than you would with a normal polish.

StuLax18
09-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Here`s the polisher in question, if anyone was wondering.

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/images/media/product_variations/1091/blowups/v9jmfbfn.jpg

SpoolinNoMore
09-05-2011, 12:16 PM
That DA is strikingly similar to the Griot`s model...

Alfisti
09-06-2011, 12:39 AM
That DA is strikingly similar to the Griot`s model...

It`s called private labelling. ;)

wascallyrabbit
09-06-2011, 08:42 AM
wonder? Car Polisher | Dual | Action | Boat | RV | Care | Quality | Motorcycle | Wax | Shurhold (http://shurhold.com)

Alfisti
09-06-2011, 09:15 AM
They`re all the same product or a Chinese clone of a Chinese clone.