PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Rinsing bottom to top

vicious28shine
09-03-2011, 03:56 PM
I met with a Meguiars rep one time, and one of his tips was rinsing bottom to top when first wetting the exterior of the vehicle and rinsing. does this method honestly make a difference?

Street5927
09-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I always do it....rinse the bottom, sides, top and then work my way back down. Don`t know why, just habit from doing it so much and for such a long time.

Astro_ng
09-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Did he explain why this would be better?

2005GTPinMD
09-03-2011, 09:35 PM
The only reason I can see for that is that the dirtiest part of the car would get rinsed the most - first by starting there and then by all the water running down. I might have to experiment with that.

togwt
09-04-2011, 05:40 AM
^^^ That`s the way I`ve always done it, the dirtiest panels get rinsed `twice`

wascallyrabbit
09-04-2011, 07:21 AM
i don`t know why but thats the way i alway done it. never thought twice about it.

vicious28shine
09-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Well that does make sense, them rocker panels are usually pretty bad. On the other hand, I have noticed when claying vehicles the roof is always pretty good. Is this do to a negative air space

that exists on most vehicles in that location?

Dan
09-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Makes sense....I`m going to start showering that way :rolleyes:

SpoolinNoMore
09-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Well that does make sense, them rocker panels are usually pretty bad. On the other hand, I have noticed when claying vehicles the roof is always pretty good. Is this do to a negative air space

that exists on most vehicles in that location?

Its mostly because your horizontal surfaces are going to have dirt/dust/grime sediment settling on them the longest while parked. On SUVs/hatchbacks especially you get larger amount of suspended grime on the hatch/trunk area because of the way the air flows over the top of the vehicle and forms a vortex along the back of the hatch so its constantly getting all of the dirt and debris from the air blown up against it. I`ve literally spent hours claying a hood and trunk before they`re smooth and then only needing a couple passes on the doors and fenders.

Darkstar752
09-05-2011, 08:42 PM
^^^ That`s the way I`ve always done it, the dirtiest panels get rinsed `twice`

I agree, it`s soaking the dirtiest part first to start softening the dry dirt.