PDA

View Full Version : Question on 3m perfect it 2 glaze work times

nitsuj
09-02-2011, 07:38 PM
I am brand new to the forum so to speak, and I just purchased my new car I have wanted for a very long time. Anyways, I started to get back into detailing and really want to get my paint to jewel up. I have been trying 3m`s perfect it 2 for dark car glaze and was wondering if anyone has used this product, and if so does it have a very short working time? I was getting micro marring with the ultrafina pad, so I switched to a higher cutting polishing pad and the glaze seems to break down, but even at low speeds I get maybe 6 passes with it before it goes clear. Is this typical?

Scottwax
09-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Personally, I`d just go with Ultrafina (Ultra Fine Machine Polish #06068) and the Ultrafina pad and not use Perfect it 2. Ultrafina is great for jeweling paint and it isn`t finicky to use.

wascallyrabbit
09-04-2011, 07:26 AM
never tried the perfect it 2 but the ultrafina works great.

Street5927
09-04-2011, 07:49 AM
I have used and have some Perfect It 2 for light as well as dark colored vehicles, and the work time is not the longest. The thing I like is that it is water soluble, so if you need some longer work times or need to remove some that is "stuck" on from over polishing, just spritz with water, and you are good to go.