PDA

View Full Version : how do you use onr

kellyktel
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
since i do all of my detailing out of my garage with no drains, i will need a way to wash exterior this winter when it is to cold to hook up the hose to the faucet. have heard about optimum no rinse and sounds like the way to go. my questions are: will there still be so little of water used that it can be used in my garage with no way to get water outside and does it really work on real dirty cars. i would love any feedback on different ways you use it for different soil levels

thanks

uzj100
09-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Do a search--lots and lots of threads and good info on here about ONR. Scottwax, among others, has some videos on it on some pretty dirty vehicles

HTH

wascallyrabbit
09-02-2011, 04:29 PM
if its that dirty take to a diy and pre rinse the heavy stuff off the wash in it in your garage. one popular method is to pre soak using onr in a garden sprayer for washing. you will get some water on the floor but not to much. probably less than if you let the snow melt out your wheel wells.

as above try the search function it works pretty well.

Ch96067
09-05-2011, 11:14 AM
I would think that a really dirty car would need something more that a waterless wash no matter the product used. Then again perhaps with enough presoaking and multiple passes you may get there. Then you would have more water to deal with though.

vaboom123
09-05-2011, 11:53 PM
I`m lucky my work has a heated pressure washer that works great for winter washes. I guess being a heavy duty tech has its benefits now and then. I use that once a month and spray the bottom of the car and give it a really good wash. In my home garage I use onr in a garden sprayer to pre-soak the panels. It only adds a little bit of water on the garage floor. I just squeegee the water outside after I`m done.

lostdaytomorrow
09-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Check scottwaxs youtube vids and you`ll be good to go.