PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel`d the windshields today.

Pages : [1] 2

Brad B
08-30-2011, 08:45 PM
It`s been a while since I have done a treatment on my windshield(s) so I recently used an Aquapel applicator and managed to get two coats on two windshields - my Carrera and my 4Runner.

Gotta say, this stuff always impresses me. It has been about a year since my last application on the Carrera and it was definitely due. The difference in slickness was noticable to the touch and the squeaky wiper blades (which prompted this whole thing to begin with) are silenced.

As for the 4Runner, wow, had a drive in the rain today and never used the wipers. Water sheets of really, really fast. I put RainX on the truck about a month ago when I detailed it after purchase. But the Aquapel is clearly (pun, pun!) an improvement.

http://www.fototime.com/B596340B2E7C9C3/standard.jpg

wascallyrabbit
08-30-2011, 09:02 PM
you`d think after all the good thing people say about this stuff i should break down and try it. but i didn`t i tried the gtechniq instead.

Bill D
08-30-2011, 09:19 PM
I just got back in from the garage to add a second coat after reading this thread :). Mine Aquapel is quite so it probably doesn`t perform quite as well but I would happily buy more when I use it all up.

Ron Ketcham
08-30-2011, 09:54 PM
3 to 6 months, that`s it life, which is a lot longer than any other marketed.

It is not a "silicone" product, but a true "resin highly sofisicated, developed by PPG, the glass company supplier to the world.

Why would they spend the big bucks they did to formulate the product, produce it, if it didn`t work.

The only thing they did wrong was in marketing it.

So, after a decade, they sold the rights and such to a company that specializes in windshield products-Tri-Co.

It is superior to ANY THING one may purchase, no matter what one`s ego may present.

Grumpy

tom p.
08-31-2011, 06:09 AM
I put RainX on the truck about a month ago when I detailed it after purchase. But the Aquapel is clearly (pun, pun!) an improvement.

Aquapel is without peer. It ROCKS! :)

shirtman
08-31-2011, 08:26 AM
DOes anyone have issues with especially with night driving in the rain under bright lights when using the Aquapel/Rainex/... products? Any other time it seems to be magic with respect to vision in the rain. When there are bright lights applied at night, the beading causes more of a distracting reflection. I must admit it has been some years since I used Rainex, but I stopped because of this effect. Anyone else have similar issues or is it "just me"?

Jeff

Finaltheorem47
08-31-2011, 09:25 AM
I just bought a used car and the windshield hasnt been cleaned for like 10 years. Driving home in the rain was a nightmare. I did what I could with a napkin and some windex (all they had on hand) to clean the inside and outside, but visibility was still very poor. Every time a street lamp or oncoming car`s light hit the glass, it would glare really bad. After I got home the next day I put some aquapel on and after driving in the rain that night, and it was a huge improvement.

Aquapel works w

As far as Aquapel vs Rainx? I don`t use RainX... RainX on the windshield streaks when you turn your wipers on. Aquapel doesn`t and its superior in other aspects also. I use normal wax for the rest of my windows also (sides and rear - what ever doesn`t have a wiper).

Brad B
08-31-2011, 02:07 PM
DOes anyone have issues with especially with night driving in the rain under bright lights when using the Aquapel/Rainex/... products? Any other time it seems to be magic with respect to vision in the rain. When there are bright lights applied at night, the beading causes more of a distracting reflection. I must admit it has been some years since I used Rainex, but I stopped because of this effect. Anyone else have similar issues or is it "just me"?

I`ve never noticed that personally. In fact, there is very little beading except for those that blow back over the windshield. There are very few beads, it`s more a sheeting. At night I find it really improves vision. And I am very light and reflection sensitive.

Scooby24
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Forgive me if this is not a fair comparison but how does this hold up next to rain-x in terms of durability?

Brad B
08-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Forgive me if this is not a fair comparison but how does this hold up next to rain-x in terms of durability?

I find RainX only lasts a few weeks for me. And it seems to break down even faster when you use shampoo to wash the car or a window cleaner on the glass. Which I do regularly.

I get several months out of Aquapel.

Scooby24
08-31-2011, 02:19 PM
I find RainX only lasts a few weeks for me. And it seems to break down even faster when you use shampoo to wash the car or a window cleaner on the glass. Which I do regularly.

I get several months out of Aquapel.

I`ve found the same results with Rain-X and have given up on using it. My Finish Kare Anti-static glass cleaner seems to repel water longer, which is sad to say the least.

lostdaytomorrow
09-02-2011, 08:37 AM
I used rainx for years and when I switched to aquapel for the first time I gave away all of my rainx to neighbors, aquapel is much better in every respect.

MarcHarris
09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
We use this on 95% of our client`s windshields, all our close family`s cars, and our own cars. Stuff is amazing. Repeat clients usually end up buying some extra applicators off us and / or requesting it be used on all exterior glass.

AWESOME product.

KnuckleBuckett
09-03-2011, 07:29 AM

Jeff

Rain-X products? Yes. This along with low durability and wiper skipping is why I went in search of a replacement.

I ended up using Aquapel. Never looked back. It is a great product. Been using it for years on every vehicle I detail.

DJ Trackie
09-04-2011, 03:44 AM
ive had aquapel on my DD for the last 8-9 months and water is still beading. Without it, it seemed like the windshield ABSORBED water.

The only thing about Aquapel is its price.... :( Pretty expensive if you asked me for 1-2 treatments