PDA

View Full Version : How to fix this mistake with Aquapel.

Lotuseffect
08-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Made such a rookie mistakenwith Aquapel. While I normally never come within a inch of the trim when applying it this time I didn`t. Now my client has 2 streaks right in the middle of their windhield.

I tried immediately wiping with a microfiber, ipa, even naphtha, nothing can get rid of these streaks. It appears as if I dragged some 303 onto the windshield which has now been sealed in by the Aquapel.

I looked at the Aquapel pad and the very edge of it is colored black from the trim. I`m so mad at myself for this. Just spent 11+ hours on this escalade esv interior and exterior 1 step now the very spot they look out of looks terrible. Man I`m furious with myself. Any clues to remove this Aquapel and get out these streaks?

imported_pdsterns
08-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Funny somehow I got some black streaks with Aquapel the other day only I don`t really think I hit the trim but I could not get them out either. I hit it with the DA and some Sonus Paintwork cleanser and it came right off.

Ron Ketcham
08-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Just use a fine compound and a lambs wool pad is best. If you don`t have one, use a 4 ply yarn cutting pad, but at very low speed.

ValuGard Cerious is the compound I recommend as it contains optical grade cerium oxide in it, which by it`s self is what is used to polish glass.

Just buff the glass until the smear is gone, might as well buff it all off and reapply a fresh coat of AquaPel after cleaning the glass with IPA.

At AI, we distributed AquaPel under our brand name of ValuVision and have worked with the product for over 8 years, so got a good feel for what really works.

Grumpy

Lotuseffect
08-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the help. Dunno why it didn`t occur to me to hit it with polish. I`ll try some KAIO and a white lc.

lostdaytomorrow
08-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Be careful polishing the glass especially if the vehicle is outfitted with a HUD or any type of uv barrier that is common on most orders high end vehicles. That windshield is one expensive piece of glass if it is only. Each of the special ones.