PDA

View Full Version : Autopia wants to help Professional Detailers market themselves here!!!

David Fermani
08-26-2011, 10:13 PM
In an effort to build and help the professional detailers on Autopia, I’m going to try something that may promote their exposure on the forum. What I’d like is for every willing detailer that wishes to reap potential benefits from our forum to post a dedicated thread about yourself, your business and even links to Click N Brags you’ve completed here. This can be an ongoing/live thread that you can edit(not bump) as you`d like. Sort of like a mini web page resume dedicated to the promotion of your business. This way if anyone here on another forum is interested in a detailer in your area, members of not only this forum, but others that know where to find this info can link your page or your name. Once this is accomplished you can then link this thread to your profile named “visit homepage” for further promotion. I’d also like encourage you to update your location in your profile and post your contact info in your signature. In your thread title you should also list your location (state and area you service) and any other info that can aid in your discovery. Put your threads in the appropriate regional forums when ready. Once we have a multitude of people I will then try to create a dedicated common group of people.

You need to have at least 250 posts to enter this offer. I reserve the right to allow members with lesser post counts(PM me). Those that help the forum by posting will receive benefits from the forum in return! I’m using the term “Professional” loosely and don’t want people to get hung up on a stereotype or second guess their abilities just because they do detailing on the side and not as a source of total income. If you’re willing to help people out with detailing, then by all means throw your hat into the ring.

C. Charles Hahn
08-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Interesting idea.... but why can`t we leverage the "Find a Detailer" section to house the mini web page resume? It should be possible to add or expand the available content that can be placed within those advertisement listings to keep everything organized and easy to find in a central location. Maybe an option to link to various threads such as "Completed details," "Informational Articles," etc. right from those pages.

Unless of course you`re trying to just have people use threads to replace that functionality on the site....

David Fermani
08-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Great idea and I`d definately like to add/update the Find a Detailer section ultimately. But, it seems that every time someone posts something about looking for a detailer it`s in the Regional sub-forum section. That`s why I`d like to give that area some energy in the meantime. I just don`t think comsumers (right now) are going outside that area when searching for someone and that`s in fact is where I get all my hits. I think once we get a concentration of detailers posting their info, we can then put that into the Find a Detailer section. I know, it`s like working backwards, but right now I`m following where the action is.

nyakerz
08-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Will you put some disclaimer saying that the forum section serves as a free advertising space and autopia is not connected with the detailers and/or detailing business posted there and autopia does not warrant/guarantee the services posted there?

Maybe you can also create some "specials rules" wherein threads may be closed if autopia received some meritorious complaints against a detailer. I read a thread where a detailing hack from Canada misrepresented himself as a well-known detailer. Just a measure for the "benefit of the public".

Dan
08-28-2011, 08:35 AM
I think once we get a concentration of detailers posting their info, we can then put that into the Find a Detailer section. I know, it`s like working backwards, but right now I`m following where the action is.

I think that`s a good plan.

C. Charles Hahn
08-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Great idea and I`d definately like to add/update the Find a Detailer section ultimately. But, it seems that every time someone posts something about looking for a detailer it`s in the Regional sub-forum section. That`s why I`d like to give that area some energy in the meantime. I just don`t think comsumers (right now) are going outside that area when searching for someone and that`s in fact is where I get all my hits. I think once we get a concentration of detailers posting their info, we can then put that into the Find a Detailer section. I know, it`s like working backwards, but right now I`m following where the action is.

Ah... yeah if that`s where all the hits are, it makes sense to move the action where it can take the biggest advantage of the opportunity.