PDA

View Full Version : Another store closes it`s doors :(

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JCturboT
08-26-2011, 12:32 PM
First it was West Coast Detail Supply, then Proper Auto Care, and now Autowerkes.

Pretty soon we will only have Autogeek left.

Jeff

BigAl3
08-26-2011, 12:46 PM
this is pretty sad. while many are fond of AG, i haven`t been to happy with some of my purchases from them, thus not purchasing as much from them or at all anymore. i try and give my business to as many other small businesses as possible...

C. Charles Hahn
08-26-2011, 01:13 PM
i try and give my business to as many other small businesses as possible...

I really need to start doing more of this myself; we have to keep distribution of products and supplies in this industry from becoming monopolized!

Dan
08-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Never heard of them before. I love AG. I`ve had a couple of minor issue and they have handled them exceptionally well. In fact the only one that tops them is Mothers. Man does Forrest and team go out of his way to help you. Try getting your money back from Sal. I hear that`s an adventure.

Brad B
08-26-2011, 01:46 PM
+1 on Forrest and Mothers. First Rate!

mikenap
08-26-2011, 04:40 PM
First it was West Coast Detail Supply, then Proper Auto Care, and now Autowerkes.

Pretty soon we will only have Autogeek left.

Jeff

Are you talking about Ken@ Autowerkes Exclusive? I had no idea he was shutting down.:sadpace:

wascallyrabbit
08-26-2011, 04:40 PM
at least detailer domain is still around.

StuLax18
08-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Are you talking about Ken@ Autowerkes Exclusive? I had no idea he was shutting down.:sadpace:

Yup, but he said it may not be permanent. He just has some stuff he needs to take care of.

BigAl3
08-26-2011, 04:50 PM
I really need to start doing more of this myself; we have to keep distribution of products and supplies in this industry from becoming monopolized!

if one doesn`t support other smaller businesses, unfortunately then this obviously will become more frequent. you could look at it this way, AG is like walmart and all the other smaller online retailers these days are like the mom & pop shops that are struggling to stay alive...

MarcHarris
08-26-2011, 05:22 PM
if one doesn`t support other smaller businesses, unfortunately then this obviously will become more frequent. you could look at it this way, AG is like walmart and all the other smaller online retailers these days are like the mom & pop shops that are struggling to stay alive...

Becoming more and more true it seems.

David Fermani
08-26-2011, 05:35 PM

You`ll hopefully be seeing some great changes coming to Autopia that will support this initiative.

Never heard of them before.

Pat (Excel Detail) http://www.autopia.org/forum/members/a-k-a-patrick.html was a sponsor here at one time and had a pretty large following. He was around during the same time Danase was a sponsor here too and were both worked out by the last ownership when they jacked up the rates to unbelievable proportions.

Bunky
08-26-2011, 06:23 PM
It obviously is not good when one has less choices in the market place but AG is not exactly like Walmart. Walmart won market share by selling less than the competition. AG did price match but they are not the every day lowest cost seller. They have a different model and their CS is first rate (not Walmart`s claim to success).

If you are an internet seller and do not market yourself, you will lose (go out of business). I do not know how DI is doing but they are very very active in sales, marketing,etc.

Dan
08-26-2011, 06:52 PM
He was around during the same time Danase was a sponsor here too and were both worked out by the last ownership when they jacked up the rates to unbelievable proportions.

I do miss Bob, he has some really nice products.

David Fermani
08-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Me too. Contacted him the other day. He`s actually doing really good and enjoying not detailing his car.

C. Charles Hahn
08-26-2011, 07:34 PM
You`ll hopefully be seeing some great changes coming to Autopia that will support this initiative.

:rockon: That`s what we like to hear!