PDA

View Full Version : Seminar/Exhibition in Greece from the pros. A dream or ...

Ch96067
08-22-2011, 02:44 PM
A question to the pros who grace this forum with their work and valuable advice.

Would anyone be interested in coming over to Greece to teach on a seminar (perhaps a couple of days?) the eager members of the GR detailing community or anyone interested enough in the art of detailing?

I understand that this is a pretty open ended question and a lot of parameters (eg. fees, transportation costs, venue, subject matter etc. etc.) are not there, but this question is more an interest/intention probing one.

Pending on the feedback, I will go back to people in our GR detailing community (forum owners/members etc.) and ask how they feel about such a possibility.

Please note this question is purely a personal effort with no backing/sponsoring from anyone. Just a personal dream, if you will, to advance detailing in GR and bring detailers from different parts of the world together.

Many thanks in advance for any answer/thought/interest in this.

David Fermani
08-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity for someone to take a nice trip to Greece and do what they love doing?

Ch96067
08-22-2011, 03:48 PM
This is my spirit exactly David. Tickets and seminar related stay paid by the organisers, then after the seminar perhaps a nice trip to the islands? Who said mixing business and pleasure is a bad thing? :)

C. Charles Hahn
08-22-2011, 06:22 PM
That really would be an amazing opportunity! Might be more feasible for someone else over in another European country since the available products and equipment would be more similar and familiar to them....

Ch96067
08-22-2011, 06:55 PM
That is also a thought, with the UK looking as the most promising country.

However, since I am mostly involved with this forum, as the work quality level here is very high and as many pros sound like they really care for their trade, I think it is the perfect place to ask first.

As for products and equipment, thanks to the internet and web purchases, most people over here have *at least* heard of what`s used both in Europe and the US, so that wouldn`t be an issue.

Thomas Dekany
08-22-2011, 07:30 PM
I`d contact "Bence" or "Jesse" - both exceptional detailers and in Hungary.

Ron Ketcham
08-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Well, I have done hundreds of training seminars in more countries than I wish to count over the past 40 years.

There are many issues to be addressed, not the least is lanquage, terminology for products, processes, even the tools.

Not that I wish to ever get on another plane and fly around the world to do such as this.

Another issue to address is `what is the demographic`s of those attending have for expectations?"

Would it be all individuals who are looking for "easy perfection", or car wash folks who want tips and process, or dedicated detailers serving the a specfic demographic of customers, etc, "who are they"?

On and on and on.

Costly to do it right, and that is without a fee for the presenter.

Grumpy

Ch96067
08-22-2011, 08:23 PM
I`d contact "Bence" or "Jesse" - both exceptional detailers and in Hungary.

Thanks for the advice Thomas.

Ch96067
08-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Well, I have done hundreds of training seminars in more countries than I wish to count over the past 40 years.

There are many issues to be addressed, not the least is lanquage, terminology for products, processes, even the tools.

Not that I wish to ever get on another plane and fly around the world to do such as this.

Another issue to address is `what is the demographic`s of those attending have for expectations?"

Would it be all individuals who are looking for "easy perfection", or car wash folks who want tips and process, or dedicated detailers serving the a specfic demographic of customers, etc, "who are they"?

On and on and on.

Costly to do it right, and that is without a fee for the presenter.

Grumpy

Thanks for the insight and down to earth approach Ron. I am sure it will come handy if the project goes forward.

Btw, has GR been amongst the many countries you have tought so far?

Brad B
08-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Murat, in Turkey, is quite qualified as well.

Ron Ketcham
08-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Never there, Turkey and Italy were as close as I got.

Grumpy

Espellos
09-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Yia sou...Greek American...Va beach Va....auto detailer

https://www.facebook.com/squeekycleanvb?sk=app_190685820970571

Ch96067
09-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi Espellos!