PDA

View Full Version : Looking for professional input.....

prospecting
08-21-2011, 02:10 PM
I am doing research to see if people believe the business I want to start can be sustained. I am wanting to offer services from a "quick" interior cleaning to a more involved thorough cleaning for the interior of semi trucks. My husband is a truck driver and we clean the cab of his truck often. Is there a market for drivers wanting a quick house cleaning of 20-30 min max at a very resonable price, all the way to a more detailed interior cleaning that could be done at a truck stop? This way they are able to have some light "housekeeping" while still on the road?

David Fermani
08-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Sure there is. This area of detailing (heavy equipment) preys on companies that do cheap and fast work. Implement a few choices to them and they`ll most likely love it. Or, try giving them a base service and add on ala carte items to their specific needs.

Welcome to Autopia btw..

prospecting
08-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Thank you for your input :) I appreciate you taking the time!

Envious Eric
08-22-2011, 12:53 AM
are you planning on having a shop? or just a mobile "call me when you are in the area type?

wash, vacuum, APC clean, leather conditioning, 303 protectant, etc

I would just base it off an hourly rate, guestimate 1-2 hours @60/hr and have at it! remove all the crap from the start: trash, books, papers, food, bags, etc. to get a base starting ground. At that time, let the person go through what he wants and doesnt want and you will throw it away for him. ( I do this with my clients). Then vacuum most everything up, clean it, condition and protect, then re-vacuum it, re-wipe everything dry. DONE

PS, thanks for the new business idea!