PDA

View Full Version : Check this sealant out.....

DM101
08-17-2011, 06:26 PM
A ProTech Polymer Products, Ltd. (http://prestoprotech.com/) Does not impress me at all.....

Blackthornone
08-17-2011, 06:49 PM
"As SEEN ON TV"... When was the last time you ever saw a commercial for Bugatti, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, or Lamborghini on TV? Never. The really great products hardly ever are.

lostdaytomorrow
08-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Looks like snake Oil to me as well

pootoo12000
08-18-2011, 09:07 AM
I bought some years ago. It really does work but it is a PIA. It is cured by UV from sunlight or strong UV lamps. Problem is the sunlight curing is uneven and it takes a long time if you want to cover, say, a hood. Would work much better with UV lights, IMO, but they are quite expensive, but would allow you to control the cure rate. It`s good for scratches, though. I imagine the "Simonize Scratch Pen" for sale at Pep Boys is actually this stuff. It isn`t snake oil, but with the advent of OptiCoat and the others, it`s time may have passed.

wascallyrabbit
08-18-2011, 09:43 AM
uv cured coatings are here to stay. the are wide used at factorys in a controlled environment. one example of uv cured coatings is pre-finished plywood. factory headlight coatings are uv cured.