PDA

View Full Version : E Bay Cars

dschribs
08-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I`ve been doing some car shopping on E Bay for awhile. Just sort of looking for now. Anyway, Every so often I notice certain dealerships on E Bay have absolutely incredible looking cars for sale. I mean the car just looks "over the top" in terms of the detail that was done.

This is a perfect example:

Chevrolet : Camaro | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-CHEVY-CAMARO-SS-RS-CONVERTIBLE-HTD-SEATS-HUD-1K-MI-/110727044679?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c7d89e47)

I mean this car looks amazing. Do you guys think it`s the products and the detailer or more so the lights and the photography? I know photos can oftentimes be deceiving but the red on this car just looks like glass. Could they have possibly put something on the car just for the photo or is it simply that nice???

Dan
08-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Florescent lighting + silicone rich products = WIN

imported_DetailDan
08-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Lighting and photography. Not hard to make a car look good in that kind of setting.

b34tBoX
08-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Eh, first off, the car is brand new.

Not to hard to polish a diamond, if you catch my drift...

dschribs
08-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Eh, first off, the car is brand new.

Not to hard to polish a diamond, if you catch my drift...

If you have been on this site for any length of time, you know that brand new assures you absolutely nothing in terms of condition.

C. Charles Hahn
08-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Lighting and photography. Not hard to make a car look good in that kind of setting.

Bingo. Ever watch Barrett-Jackson or Mecum auctions on TV? Same concept.

Jarreds
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Bingo. Ever watch Barrett-Jackson or Mecum auctions on TV? Same concept.

Ive seen some pretty bad looking cars on Barret-Jackson.

b34tBoX
08-16-2011, 10:11 PM
If you have been on this site for any length of time, you know that brand new assures you absolutely nothing in terms of condition.

I know what would be expected in the condition of a vehicle that is one year old with 1600 miles, compared to 10 years old and 160000 miles, thanks.

mikenap
08-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Florescent lighting + silicone rich products = WIN

This. Florescent lights are great for making things look wet and glossy, but they are horrible for showing most defects. Except for water spotting, which for some reason I always see better under florescents.

Richard Grasa
08-17-2011, 12:59 PM
I have a couple used car dealers that I detail for, and they take their pictures outside. I have noticed that the vehicles I detail generally look much nicer and glossier in their pictures than the ones they don`t have detailed. These are mainly cars that have 50k - 150k miles on them so the difference between detailed and not detailed is usually pretty obvious. Lighting does make a huge difference but a good detail also makes a difference, especially if the pics are taken outside and the car really needed a detail.

Brad B
08-17-2011, 04:09 PM
There is a dealer in my area that is famous for ebay-ing cars. I see these AMAZING photos and then when I go to the dealership in person (and disguise :)) to check something out, I am always horribly disappointed. To the point that I want to cry foul! It can be shameful. Caveat Emptor!

wascallyrabbit
08-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Ive seen some pretty bad looking cars on Barret-Jackson.

me too.

lighting and camera angle can make all the difference in photography.

lostdaytomorrow
08-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Photography and post processing can make anything look good. Gotta see it in sperson with good lighting to know how the paint is. Good to have a gauge to check repaints as well